“Fast and Friendly”

Dining options: Breakfast
Santa Cruz, California
“Fast and Friendly”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Not the healthiest option but my kids like going here for the toy that comes in the kid meals. The service is fast and friendly. It's always crowded, drive thru line is always long, I think the staff does a good job handling the crowd.

• Visited August 2013

Indiana
“Drive on by, don't drive-thru”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a McDonald's franchise that I have frequented many, many times. Sadly, the franchise has declined across the board in the last year or so. My most recent visit last week was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. While my expectations for fast food establishments are not especially high, I do expect professionalism from the employees and decent quality food. Both are sadly lacking at this location of late.

I nearly always use the drive-thru for convenience and it is anything but convenient these days. The line is usually quite long, which is good for the franchise, but the pace of moving cars through the drive-thru is glacial too often. Importantly, on too many occasions, including my last visit, I placed my order and then arrived at the pay window to be informed that the food could not be provided due to an equipment failure. On this last visit I asked to talk with the manager on duty and she could not have been more dismissive and rude to me. I would have expected her to take some responsibility for the situation and be apologetic, but that was not the case. I then sent feedback through the corporate website and received a form response from McDonald's. The franchise owner did call, but he left a message with no return number. I sought out the number to return his call and am still awaiting a return call from him. Clearly, a given customer's complaint is unimportant to the company and derivatively the franchise.

There are many options for fast food in the area and I highly recommend seeking out one of those options and driving by this McDonald's. The customer service is diffident, at best, and the food is not up to standards too often. In particular, avoid the drive-thru by all means.

• Visited August 2013

Been to McDonald's? Share your experiences!