“Early dinner at Walhill”

The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Batesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Restaurant at Walhill Farm is more than a place to eat, it is a destination. A butcher shop, catering hall, theater, and restaurant that hosts classes, special events, corporate retreats, family reunions, and any excuse for a party throughout the year.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just returned from an early dinner (4:00 pm). What a find! We had a wonderful waitress who made us feel welcome and was very knowledgeable. The food was perfect. We all had different dishes and each one was better than the last. We loved the ambience and could just imagine going there in the winter time and feeling the place wrapped around us. So cozy. We have Polly Campbell to thank for this visit. She had written a review in the Cincinnati Enquirer today and we decided to take a chance. So glad we did!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stopped in here for desert and coffee based on other tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. We sat outside on the patio where a live musician was playing. Music was good, dessert and french pressed coffee were outstanding. Staff was very friendly. The country setting was very nice too! Thank you trip advisors for a great pick!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went for a family dinner tonight. There were 8 of us.We were seated in the old billiard room, which brought back a lot of memories from my teen years.Everything about our meal was enjoyable from the tomato mozzarella with balsamic vinaigrette to the French press coffee and every thing in between. Several of us had either the filet or New York Strip, which was excellent. My husband shared the Elk steak with my stepmother which was very tender and full of flavor. My dad and niece had the pork chops which looked very good. We also tried several of the dessert offerings. I had the Lavender and Vanilla Crème Brule and had a taste of my husbands Strawberry Rhubarb crisp...... both very good. The service was also very very good. We will definitely be back and rather sooner than later.
Peter, you have done a great job with the place..... very cool.

1  Thank cammiedog
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant for a client dinner and everything about it was enjoyable. The service was great and the food was amazing, especially for such a small town. The wine and drink list are extensive as well. The thing that set the restaurant apart in my mind was the service I received after my visit...I forgot to keep the receipt and needed it for my expense report at work. I called the manager and requested a copy be e-mailed to me and they were able to provide it within the hour. What service!

A great place to go when you're in Batesville - highly recommended!

1  Thank louisvilletravel
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We love it when we find a jem, a place not mentioned very often and offers food that makes you wonder 'why not?' This is definitely one of those places. From the atmosphere to the wait staff to the food, we were very happy. I had a filet that was comparable to the best steak I have ever had and I have had some of the best. The wine list could be a little better, but overall a really nice restaurant.

1  Thank Sadde10