“Enjoyable Dinner”
Review of Sherman House - CLOSED

Sherman House
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Historic German Restaurant in Batesville, Indiana. Over 100 years old- you should have this listed !!!
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've always wanted to have dinner at the Sherman House. I knew the wife's chef. The food was good but the service was even better-had a wonderful waitress.

2  Thank Tammy F

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Powdered eggs on the buffet says it all. Fresh fruit was mostly honeydew melon. The price I Believe is going up to 13.99 on Aug 4th 2013. This does not include coffee or juice. The service was not very attentive. You should be able to go somewhere else and get a good meal for the price.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We did not stay at the inn, but we ate in the inn's German restaurant which was quite a nice surprise in this small town. We were looking for a place to stay the night and saw a billboard for the Sherman House on Hwy 74. Very charming restaurant, friendly staff, good service and good German beer on tap.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The building and town are worth the see, but there restaurant food was just so-so. I'd go back, but I'm not in any big hurry. They don't sell any German beer (and being a German restaurant you would think they would). The service was horrible. The server didn't know about the beer they did have on tap, she almost seemed like she forgot about us, even though there was 5 people in the party. She didn't tell us that we also got the salad bar with our meal. She didn't tell us the specials. The inside of the restaurant was really cool. Exposed beams, and there were little cubby hole rooms where you could dine. Hopefully if we go again, it will be better.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very dissapointed. My wife had and I had planned a trip to Cincinatti and this was going to be our place to stop in for lunch. It was a historic venue, but the place was worn down and did not seem very clean. When we walked in it was like the staff was surprized to see us (we should have left at this point, but for some reason we stayed). I ordered an omlet and my wife ordered the classic breakfast plate. She was satisfied with hers, but I was little grossed out by the food and only ate about 1/3 of my food. We would have a better experiance at Waffle House. I would pass this one up, because she's past her prime. I don't think it would be wrong to say that the Sherman House is a good candidate for Kitchen Nigthmare's if there ever was one. Sad.