“Sherman House”
Review of Sherman House - CLOSED

Sherman House
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Historic German Restaurant in Batesville, Indiana. Over 100 years old- you should have this listed !!!
Reviewed September 13, 2012

When I last visited Sherman House, I was severly disappointed! The cost was prohibitive & the quality of the food did not reflect the inflated cost. The wait-staff was not only unfriendly, but acted like they were doing me a favor by bringing anything to the table. She was not interested in replacing a product I sent back - did not even ask if I wanted anything to replace it & when the bill came it was still on it. I asked that the item I returned be taken off the bill& she actually rolled her eyes, grabbed the bill, & stomped over to the host/bartender to "request" the correction - she said "She wants the mushrooms taken off. Can you do that?" It was a distrubing, dissatisfying & the last visit I will make to there.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Many choices and friendly and professional service. Great place for a Saturday relaxing breakfast after visiting the farmers market. Also they have an extensive Sunday breakfast buffet with made to order omelettes.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The best prime rib my husband and I had ever ate!!!! The salad bar was excellent, with some german potatoe salad that was perfect!!! The service was excellent!!! What a wonderful place to eat.

1  Thank saydee02
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having ate many meals through out Germany I do believe this restaurant falls short for German food... Buffet on Sunday very nice but last Sunday the waitress could have cared less for service an more into her conversation with people in the other room.....the appearance is excellant an very clean an fresh. If you are single an do not have a large family was by my self at this time, do not go on Easter, I was told by the owner that I could sit in the bar area that the main dinning was for families, cut me to the core. I failed to go f
or sometime, but all things pass

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food you can count on always being hot, tasty, and German in flavor. A place to take Batesville visitors or a nice restaurant stop off Interstate 74 between Cincinnatti and Indianapolis.