TripAdvisor
Zion
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews lake michigan conference center state park outdoor wedding game room close to home big pool balcony room workout area rooms are beautiful indoor pool dream wedding the wi fi the main dining room from chicago birthday party wedding venue
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

This is an older smaller property - it was well maintained and clean - Wanted to stay at this hotel as it is on the lakefront of Lake Michigan the staff could not have been more gracious and attentive to any needs expressed. They do a lot of weddings on the weekend - during the week was calm and relaxing

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heavy2666, General Manager at The Illinois Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

This is a beautiful property, however the terrible staff will ruin any hope of enjoying yourself. Rude, unprofessional, sloppy individuals who dont seem to care at all. TV kept coming in and off all night, ended up unplugging it.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am truly sorry to hear about your staff experience during your stay. We are known for giving extremely great customer service and this is very uncommon. We do appreciate your comments as well as your business. I will pass your comments on to my front office manager for further investigation.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Made a reservation for Labor Day weeks ago and followed the procedure for getting a pet-friendly room. Even put a request in the special instruction box. Called yesterday, just to confirm in advance that I had a pet-friendly room, and, after being hung up on at least five times in three hours (I'm guessing the phone system, not a person), talked to a person who told me not only did I not have a pet-friendly room, but that there was nothing she could do about it. La-di-da. In fact, that's the way the whole staff at the hotel and at Best Western was. Even though they acknowledged it was their mistake, no-one would raise a finger to help or find alternatives (except the middle one pointed at the customer). La-di-da. Now, I know that there's going to be a response by a slick-tongued GM or PR person below, but I'm going to say that there's absolutely no reason to be treated as badly as this, and for Best Western Illinois Resort to ruin a holiday weekend without offering any way to fix it. As of now, I'll stay away from this hotel and away from Best Western in general because of their total lack of customer attention and service.

Date of stay: August 2019
Heavy2666, General Manager at The Illinois Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

My front office manager called as soon as we heard about the difficulties you were having with your reservation and offered to fix the problem so that you and your pet can still enjoy your trip. We value your opinion and your business and hope that it was resolved to your satisfaction.

Reviewed August 15, 2019

This hotel's location on the shores of Lake Michigan inside the Illinois Beach State Park is amazing . . . the room was spacious with a view of the lake. Overall, it could have been a little cleaner. Staff was very helpful and nice. The food that was served to us as part of a wedding dinner and a brunch the next day was very good.

Room tip: ask for a room with a lake view!
Date of stay: August 2019
Heavy2666, General Manager at The Illinois Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all comments, and we are sorry we fell short of your expectations with the cleanliness of your room. I hope you reported any deficiencies and gave us a chance to correct it for you. I will pass this on to my housekeeping manager as well and we hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed August 13, 2019

This place was a wonderful summer destination. The beach area was outstanding. The resort was clean and had a welcoming aura to it. The service and the food was good. The room was clean and inviting. I'll be back next summer!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heavy2666, General Manager at The Illinois Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Thank you for the excellent rating and review, we appreciate your business. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next summer or even sooner.