“Friendly Staff, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zion
michigan
“Friendly Staff, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at the Zion Country Inn and Suites on our way back from Wisconsin. The hotel had a great swimming area and a large hot tub are. Everything was very clean in the pool area and there are no food or drinks allowed. I like that, keeps things clean!

We asked the front desk clerk for some local pizza recommendations, she was spot on with her suggestion. Our room was very clean and the hotel seemed nice and quiet.

There is a large breakfast area with a computer if you need to email or look online. Breakfast that morning was waffles, eggs, bisquits, yogurt, muffins and the like. I love it that they use real plates and not paper for breakfast!

We would love to stay here again if we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cisne, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, as my husband had appointments at CTCA. It is clean, comfortable, and has friendly staff. I can't think of anything negative about this property. We have since been back to Zion, and were booked at another hotel by CTCA. This one is definitely superior to the other hotel, and we will always request this one from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was my first stay at this Country Inn even though I grew up in Zion & have family/friends still in the area. Wherever you park isn't far from the door. The rooms have inside entrance which is always nicer for warmer rooms & safety. We were on the third floor at the end of the short hall so no room on one side of ours. The heat worked great - our room overlooked Piggly Wiggly nearby as well Dollar Tree, Culvers, and Subway - all a short walk. Location at 33rd & Sheridan Road. Our room had two queen beds with small refrigerator and microwave along with desk/chair, side chair, nice TV. Size room was good. We weren't too far from the elevator. We had requested a bath chair in our reservation & it was in the bathtub when we arrived. The motel gives a senior discount which we also received. Breakfast is offered in the morning 6 - 9:30 during the week & 7 - 10:30 on the weekend. They always had scrambled eggs, make your own waffle, cereal, muffins, breads, fruit, juices, coffee, hot water for tea, etc. Each day they had a theme which you could use the scrambled eggs such as make a taco breakfast sandwich, omelette with the fixings etc. The breakfast area has a large TV and computer (which I didn't use since I had my own with me). Breakfast was better than a lot of motels I've stayed at. Internet in the motel (including rooms) is free & just sign in each day when the notice pops up on your computer. It worked great - we had no trouble once we got online. Out of 4 internet access items -- only one laptop took awhile for my husband to get online but after that was no problem. We were all very happy with the internet service -- so much better than other motels in town that "say" they have internet but it doesn't work. For those visiting the Zion Cancer Hospital -- the shuttle is at the motel often to pick up anyone needing a ride there which I wasn't but it is a wonderful service. I will definitely stay there again when in the area needing a motel. The employees were friendly and helpful. I almost forgot to mention the beds and pillows are wonderful -- I slept great and my bad shoulder didn't bother me at all. I want to try and find pillows to buy like them. We didn't use the pool or work out area.

Room Tip: If you want a room not too far from the elevator, get a room on the westside of the elevator which...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
McComb, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before when my wife visits CTCA for her checkups. The staff is always very helpful and the property is very clean. Rooms are spacious and well furnished.

The breakfast has a nice selection and the staff go out of their way. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers in the Zion area.

• Stayed November 2013
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were on a week long "road" trip through Wisconsin. We were heading home when we stopped at the Country Inn. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our trip. The room was well appointed, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was great. They even use real plates, glasses, mugs and silverware!!! I will search out this chain when we take our next road trip. It was worth every penny.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay as our staff takes great pride in delivering a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and therefore I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Zion area that you will choose to stay with us again.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is close to Lake Michigan and about a 15 minute drive from Six Flags. We stayed here with two adults and one child for 2 nights. It is a very nice hotel. The breakfast was good and had a good variety. It was well taken care of. The room was nice and clean. It had modern amenities and was well kept up. The pool is good sized and it has a nice hot tub also. The staff was very helpful. They also have free transportation to the cancer center if you should be in need of that. The bus ran on a regular basis. I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the help of your desk personnel on July 30,2013. My daughter had an unexpected procedure at the Cancer Center and we needed a place for an extra night. your Country Inn was full but Sophia called the Center and got someone there to help her find a room for us that night. She was very kind, helpful and professional. We are at your Inn two or three times a month and feel very comfortable there. The staff is always kind and accommodating and we certainly do appreciate that. It is always good to find a place that makes a hard situation a little easier.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
The Inn at Market Square
Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Kenosha
Radisson Hotel & Conference Cent...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
No photo provided
Sun Inn Motel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop Harbor
Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
#4 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion? Share your experiences!