“Loud. Very Loud”

Lakeview Grille Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Yorkville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochelle, Illinois
“Loud. Very Loud”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were looking for a new place to try out, so we made the 35 minute drive to try out this place. It was suggested by an acquaintence.

When we got there, we were struck by a couple of things. The parking lot was jam-packed and full, so we had to park around 100 feet away - okay, it's a Saturday night, that can happen. The parking lot was also small, which might explain this.

We got to sit and wait on the pager for 30 minutes (okay, Saturday night), and then sat down for dinner.

The wine list was reasonably good, and surprisingly well-priced. I've seen restaurants gouge for the same wine, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The restaurant itself was attractive, with high, arched ceilings, glass between the bar area and the restaurant, and the service was excellent.

So, why only 4 stars? The steaks.

We both elected to take an upcharge on our appetizers, and they were very good. I had the French Onion soup, which was great, and my better half had the wedge salad, which was okay. I ordered the fillet and the wife ordered the prime rib. Keep in mind, the steaks are supposed to be Prime.

I got the 10 ounce fillet, and it may have started at 10 ounces, but didn't end up that way. It was cooked properly, but the chef needs to take a few tips on proper seasoning. If you don't like any seasoning on your steak, this is your place, because you don't get any discernable seasoning. I had to add both salt and pepper to the steak, and for a Prime cut, it wasn't as tender as I would expect.

My wife had the prime rib. Normally, when prime rib is served, it's pink on the outside. This one came browned. On both sides. I can understand a browned side if it's the end cut (which can be pretty flavorful) but both sides were browned. Which tells me it wasn't cut off a prime rib, it was cut off and cooked. Sorry, but thats not what I expect from a steak place.

The potatoes were cooked properly, and were fine. The only other downside - the place was very, very loud. Holding a normal conversationw as virtually impossible - it never let up. The walls are all hard, as is the ceiling - there is little to dampen the noise level down. It was like being at a sports bar with the game on loud. And just about as romantic.

• Visited December 2013

Shorewood, Illinois
“Nice cozy place great weakens specials”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The chef likes to cook big pieces of meat I interesting ways. Absolutely a nice cozy spot with great food!

• Visited October 2013
Illinois, United States
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went to Lakeview to celebrate my son's 1st Communion. There are 11 of us and we had a great family meal. The meatloaf was amazing as well as everything else that my family ordered. The service was excellent as well. We were pleasantly surprised when we got the bill. Great value!

• Visited September 2013
Montgomery, Illinois
“Great restaurant in Yorkville you need to try”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great selection of steaks, seafood and comfort foods. We visited this restaurant with some friends and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service provided by the wait staff.

Meals come with fresh baked bread and soup or salad. I had the prime rib and it was absolutely delicious.

This is the 3rd restaurant in this location. Hopefully it makes a go of it.

• Visited July 2013
“great place in Yorkville”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a group of 8 women staying in Yorkville the night before a 5k Obstacle course event. Not knowing the area or restaurants, we relied on Trip Advisor. Called ahead of time to find out if needed reservations and they held a table for us, which was great because the restaurant was pretty busy. Hostess was extremely sweet when seating us. Our waitress, April, was extremely friendly and more importantly, helpful with dinner selections as we were all trying to eat to prepare for our event. THe portion sizes were generous and very nicely priced and the food was great. The portabello mushroom appetizer special April recommended was delicious, some had pasta, some had fish, another had a salad. It was a great experience.

• Visited August 2013