“WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE”
Review of Cobblestone Bakery & Bistro - CLOSED

Cobblestone Bakery & Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Yorkville, Illinois
“WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I order brioush bread and I get terrible small and uncooked bread.I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS PLACE,they calling this place French bakery they are WRONG.There is nothing French in it.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Donna B

Libertyville, Illinois
“Welcome dining addition”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Decided to visit Cobblestone Bakery and Bistro to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant exceeded our expectations. We started with the Chips with Blue Cheese Cream. Delicious. We could have ordered more and been satisfied but wanted to sample other items on the menu. We shared the very generous Mediterranean Caesar Salad. At the first bite I thought that the salad needed a more interesting dressing but after another bite and the salad popped. The olives, pepperoncini and feta combined to make the salad great. We then moved on the the flat breads. Loved the Southwest Chicken. Just the right amount of bite. The Steakhouse had great flavor but the steak was too chewy and added nothing to the dish. The pulled pork sliders were good. Nothing to brag about but good.

We went on to desserts and were glad we did. The White Chocolate Bread Pudding was our favorite. Gooey, warm, delicious. We also tried the Flight of Cupcakes. The one with the caramel and sea salt frosting was very good, the chocolate with zinfandel frosting was OK. Liked the frosting but the cake was a little dry. The Lemon Lavender was our least favorite. The frosting tasted terrible - like a bubble bath. I guess lavender isn't for us. I would make other choices if we selected this dessert in the future.

Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive to our needs.

There was an extensive wine and beer list. The prices were typical but the glass seemed a little small.

Would definitely make a return visit. This may become out new go-to restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
“Not consistent”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My food was cold and very small portions. Quite expensive for small town.
I ordered ghnocci and it was cold and very few on the plate. Service takes a long time.

1 Thank chicagobread
Yorkville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT ATOMOSPHERE NOT SO GOOD SERVICE”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I really like the look of this place however we have eaten in and carried out. Eat in is slow the male server was blah. He never came back to check on anything then we had to hunt him down for the bill. The baked goods were great when they first opened, now things are really dry and its been a big disappointment. We just special ordered cinnamon rolls and pecans rolls (we had family in town) they were so dry we had to have a drink to swallow it down. I thought maybe if they had a special order they would have been made with more care . . . .I don't know if they have changed baker's or what. :(

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PIZAZZ1
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Girls Getaway”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wonderful lunch with a glass of wine! Bleu cheese chips were amazing! Wanted to try all of the baked goods, but overindulged with my lunch. I'm anxious to go back and try and wine bar.

Visited November 2012