“Big Disappointment!!!”

Yorkville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Disappointment!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My daughters and I had visited the bakery when it first opened and months later and enjoyed it very much. So we decided we would order my 50th wedding anniversary cake for the BIG DAY!! My daughter spoke to the baker a week before to verify they could make a traditional white wedding cake with white frosting, we even had them write Happy 50TH Anniversary Mom and Dad, a once in a life time event. We even went for lunch the day we ordered the cake and again we were very specific about ordering a white cake with white frosting. We picked up the cake on August 18th, 2012 THE BIG DAY!! The entire family was excited about the cake; we all like white cake with white frosting. When we cut the cake with everyone around and waiting (3 grandsons) it was a light brown course cake, maybe banana cake, a mistake, OK we could deal with it, a disappointment but OK, than we tried to eat it- no taste we could not even decide what flavor it was supposed to be, no one would eat it, it wasn’t worth the calories. We ended up with half a cake and half in the garbage. I took the half cake back on Monday to Cobblestone just to say what happened to the white cake I ordered, hoping someone would say SORRY for your disappointment, but not one WORD. The baker said she could show me the recipe and she could do nothing about it!! How sad my BIG DAY will never come again. Just a sorry for your disappointment would have been nice. Fifty dollars for a nine inch cake that went in the garbage!! I won’t go back!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank L H

Oswego, Illinois
“A great addition for the area”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only negatives were it was a bit warm but not really uncomfortable, but then again it was 98 outside, and a little noisy. The food (tilapia) and it's presentation were very good and at a reasonable price. The service was also very good. The wine selection was more than adequate. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2012
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Great Place for Small Party”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I recently attended a shower there and it was very cute. There's a small back room and tables, but not too much room....if you're planning a party there I would keep it around 20 people. We had a choice of lunch and I ordered a chicken flatbread entree. Was delicious.

Only complaint is the party room has two very large windows with ZERO shades or blinds. Very warm in the sun....had to switch spots to get out of the heat.

NOTE: Private parties must bring in silverware, coffee, etc.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank HERXLNC
Chicago, Illinois
“Word of mouth sent us to this really wonderful little bistro on the back roads of IL.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Not exactly on the corner of Route 47 but look west at the intersection you will see it.

• Visited April 2012