“Weekend trip”

Quality Inn Woodstock
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had a good experience at the Quality inn in Woodstock. Beds were comfy and the pool was great for the kids. The staff was helpful as we were in town for a funeral and they were great with making sure some of our family were in rooms near each other.

Room Tip: UPstairs in quieter but it is cold coming up from the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Virginia,

I am very pleased to hear that you and family had a great time at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your kids loved our pool. My staff is the best and we appreciate your patronage. I hope to see you and your family the next time you are in the area. Thanks once again and take care.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for BarnDance and class reunion with friends. Easy and courteous check-in. Front lobby and downstairs hallway does smell like smoke. Kinda dreary steps to 2nd floor and hallway, but room was much better than expected. Large size for double room, comfy beds, clean, nice tv, large fridge, table and chairs. Standard decent hotel bathroom and clean. Breakfast buffet was included and had great variety of hot and cold items. Easy checkout and correct billing. Pleasantly surprised -- thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TXTraveller2,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad your class reunion went well. I'm also glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms with very comfortable beds, flat screen tv and other excellent amenities. I'm also glad you really enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast with numerous variety in items like Waffles and sausage patties. It was a privilege for my staff to have you and your friends stay at our hotel. Thanks and please come again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

we were driving from Ann Arbor, Michigan to Union Ill to get a new dalmatian puppy. this Quality in that we found on line was great. Easy to find, easy check in, rooms were great. Microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean. Breakfast was great. wish we had gotten there earlier in the day so we would've had time to enjoy the pool. Definately recommend this property!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This former Holiday Inn Express location met all of my needs, was comfortable and had good value. I only wish the HVAC unit had a fan on option as I like the white noise sound when I sleep.

Try nearby Niko's for quality food and drink as well.

I'd definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our room & the overall accomodations at this hotel. The room was large & had everything we like - reliable wireless, tv, large sink, comfortable bed, decent towel quality, clean. The breakfast was decent. The hotel management responded to all our requests.

Room Tip: second floor quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Can you believe they still allow smoking in this hotel?

Our family stayed 2 nights while in town for a wedding. Our first floor room didn't smell smoky, but the hallway did, and our friends on the second floor complained that their room smelled smoky (even though they were on opposite end from smoking floors).

The room was standard and included a microwave and refrigerator, free wi-fi, and had been updated to flat-screen TV. Temperature was comfortable, heater wasn't too loud, and there was very little noise from the hallway or outside.

The pool area is very outdated; paint was peeling off of the floor, water supply pipe was corroded, and the decor was really outdated (however my kids loved swimming).

Room Tip: If you don't like smoky-smelling hotels be sure to ask for 1st floor room far away from smoking...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carlkariNelson
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Mr. Nelson,

We appreciate you sharing your experience about our hotel. Thank you for pointing out a number of positive aspects of our hotel, you also provided us with your thoughts in regard to some items we need to improve on.

As you stated, we do have a handful of rooms (5) that allow smoking. Unfortunately, the Woodstock area has a limited number of hotel rooms and we believe in providing accommodations to everyone. However, I would like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We did have an issue with a guest who smoked in the hallways during the duration of your stay. We kindly asked the guest to check out, however, by that time, as you can attest it was a little too late.

In regards to the pool, we couldn’t agree more. In 2012, we remodeled are guest rooms, and this year, we plan to redo the pool area.

Thank you for you feedback. Your review is appreciated and I do hope the next time you are in the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

South of town, not close to the square. Room was clean and some updating was done and still needed to be done. Reserved and paid extra for the whirlpool suite. At 10 pm the water was not hot enough to fill the tub to use the whirlpool. VERY disappointed. The whirlpool tub was the reason I got that room. Tile is cracked and loose by the water spout for the tub (pic included). Front desk wasn't concerned how my stay was. Needless to say, I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank john l
WoodstockQualityInn, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for staying at the Woodstock location. I am sorry that you had some issues regarding your current stay in the whirlpool room. Maintenance issues are always important to us and we will have it taken care of it immediately. I work the front desk from 9am-5pm and I am sure that if you had brought this to my attention at checkout I would have definitely resolved the issue there. Please accept my apologies on not taking care of your problem right away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
Best Western Woodstock Inn
Super 8 Mchenry
Super 8 Mchenry
#2 of 2 in McHenry

Been to Quality Inn Woodstock? Share your experiences!