“Too high priced for the quality - and they still allow smoking!”

Quality Inn Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Too high priced for the quality - and they still allow smoking!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Can you believe they still allow smoking in this hotel?

Our family stayed 2 nights while in town for a wedding. Our first floor room didn't smell smoky, but the hallway did, and our friends on the second floor complained that their room smelled smoky (even though they were on opposite end from smoking floors).

The room was standard and included a microwave and refrigerator, free wi-fi, and had been updated to flat-screen TV. Temperature was comfortable, heater wasn't too loud, and there was very little noise from the hallway or outside.

The pool area is very outdated; paint was peeling off of the floor, water supply pipe was corroded, and the decor was really outdated (however my kids loved swimming).

Room Tip: If you don't like smoky-smelling hotels be sure to ask for 1st floor room far away from smoking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank carlkariNelson
WoodstockQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Mr. Nelson,

We appreciate you sharing your experience about our hotel. Thank you for pointing out a number of positive aspects of our hotel, you also provided us with your thoughts in regard to some items we need to improve on.

As you stated, we do have a handful of rooms (5) that allow smoking. Unfortunately, the Woodstock area has a limited number of hotel rooms and we believe in providing accommodations to everyone. However, I would like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We did have an issue with a guest who smoked in the hallways during the duration of your stay. We kindly asked the guest to check out, however, by that time, as you can attest it was a little too late.

In regards to the pool, we couldn’t agree more. In 2012, we remodeled are guest rooms, and this year, we plan to redo the pool area.

Thank you for you feedback. Your review is appreciated and I do hope the next time you are in the area you consider staying with us again.

Jatin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
fort dodge
Reviewed March 4, 2013

South of town, not close to the square. Room was clean and some updating was done and still needed to be done. Reserved and paid extra for the whirlpool suite. At 10 pm the water was not hot enough to fill the tub to use the whirlpool. VERY disappointed. The whirlpool tub was the reason I got that room. Tile is cracked and loose by the water spout for the tub (pic included). Front desk wasn't concerned how my stay was. Needless to say, I will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john l
WoodstockQualityInn, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for staying at the Woodstock location. I am sorry that you had some issues regarding your current stay in the whirlpool room. Maintenance issues are always important to us and we will have it taken care of it immediately. I work the front desk from 9am-5pm and I am sure that if you had brought this to my attention at checkout I would have definitely resolved the issue there. Please accept my apologies on not taking care of your problem right away.
Burleson, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent value for price. We are members of choice hotels and this one stands out as excellent. Staff friendly and helpful. Full hot breakfast. Heated pool that my grandaughter and I took advantage of. Very comfortable pillow top beds. No noise and great sleep. Close to many stores and places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger S
WoodstockQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Roger,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to inform us of your recent stay. I am very thankful for your kind words about the hotel and the staff. We strive to meet our guests expectations and requests. Thank you once again.

Jatin Patel
Manager
Waunakee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay after going to a show at the Woodstock Opera House. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor (thank you), I made a reservation at Quality Inn. The exterior was tidy with parking in front. Staff was friendly. Our room was very clean, appliances up to date, furniture looked new and no funky odors (that most motel rooms seem to have). The bedding looked new, the sheets and pillows were great quality and the bed was very comfy. The bathroom was immaculately clean. There was a flat screen TV, a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and a desk. Our stay was very quiet. Breakfast was a step up from the usual continental. Make your own waffles, a decent selection of pastries, cereal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, juices, and good coffee. Staff was very attentive to restocking (she actually stayed in the room and made conversation). There is a pool, we didn't have time to use it. I would highly recommend a stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 103-King bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nobadservice
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2012

In town for a wedding, this is where everybody was staying. Turned out to be a great weekend in Woodstock. They have a heated pool, great for the kids, its near the lobby and away from the rooms, so for the most part, you dont hear any of the ruckus(fun) the kids are causing. Hotel served our needs quite well. I dont' need much in my non-destination hotels. Clean room, hopefully bigger than a closet, a few decent CABLE channels and a smile or two from the staff.
The rooms were surprisingly well decorated. Not too modern, not to outdated. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on, a micro/fridge in the room, plus all of the usuals (irons, coffee, hdtv, alarm clock).

The staff also was quite accommodating. Asked for extra towels, no problem. Asked me how my day was going. The Breakfast was what I expected. The kids liked the fresh waffles!

Overall, a great stay! Thank you to all that made our stay great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John S
Boston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel where my sister-in-law had a block of rooms for her son's wedding. The price was very reasonable, and the rooms were quiet and comfortable. We were treated very well by the staff, and breakfast was more than adequate with a waffle station along with other healthy choices. We don't often visit the area, but highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: second floor rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bayley102
New Lisbon, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I am a hotel employee from New Lisbon Wisconsin, and while passing thru the Woodstock area, i stayed at this hotel. The staff was AMAZINGLY nice. The manager was a great man to deal with as well. The lady at the front desk just started her 3rd shift and was exceptionally inviting to the hotel, setting a great first impression! The hotel room was clean, the bed was comfy and i slept really well! My window had a view of the construction company next to the hotel, but this is out of the hotels control, so i am not blaming them at all.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You will have my business again when i pass thru in a few months!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
#1 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crystal Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin

Been to Quality Inn Woodstock? Share your experiences!