“Worst Italian Restaurant that I have been. Still Upset we wasted our time. We love food Italian Food.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calogero's - CLOSED

Calogero's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Cary, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant a few weeks back on a Saturday night at 6 pm and afterwards go to a movie The Hobbit at 7:15. There were only two tables wth 2 people each. We asked the hostess if an hour and 15 min. Would give us enough time to get to a movie. no problem. Waitress ordered drinks after 10 min. wait nd brought them. She was talking to the other two tables nd about 10 min later took our order. We ordered 2 salads. 20 min later hostess talks to us about what movie we were going to see. She noticed we didnt have any bread. At 7 oclock,waitress brought our Salad. We were getting nervous as our movie started in 15 minutes. a minute after salad was brought to us, she brought my husband meatball sandwhich nd my pasta primavera. Sandwhich had no sauce, meatballs dried out, cold (I am trying to be nice here). My primavera had mushy pasta like it was sitting in pot all day, zucchini slices, 15 of them, in a tasteless sauce with penne pasta, far from Al dente. It was 7:10 nd we had couldnt even eat our meals, I wanted to like my Pasta Primavera, we were rushed, we paid as we were so disgusted nd left most of our food we coulsnt eat. We rushed to our movie and We said that was the worst experience we ever had. The Hostess was more experienced than the one and only waitress there. Please read the reviews. So disgusted nd still telling people in Crystal Lake to STAY AWAY!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank minderbind

Algonquin, Illinois
“Best Italian in McHenry County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

There were five in our party. We ordered five different entrees. Everything was excellent. The atmosphere was warm. We were not rushed to eat. We are definitely going back.

• Visited December 2013
woodstock,il
“Italian? nope not really”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

this place claims to make recipes from their family, that's too bad cause he food is bland and poorly made. Lousy service by high school kids.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LBurbridge
Woodstock, Illinois
“Good food, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm surprised at the negative reviews. We are Woodstock residents and have been there many times, with family and with friends. Our latest visit, October 12, 2013 was just as good as the first. Lasagna, Eggplant Parmesan, fish sandwich, all good and hot. One in our party had the all you can eat pasta several months ago and ate 4 plates. We've had the pizza twice with no problems. If the service is a little on the slow side, that's because they are cooking the meals, not just warming them up-and this is definitely not a fast food place. My husband thinks the tiramisu is to die for. Wonderful desserts. Location is not the best and some (myself included) thought initially it was another Mexican restaurant due to the name. This is one of those places where you can sit and enjoy your food without feeling rushed out. If you're impatient, don't go there.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Swing and a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Being a Woodstock resident I always want to try out local restaurants, so Sunday May 26, 2013 my wife and I ordered from Calogero’s. Being an Italian restaurant two foods come to mind, good pasta and pizza, so my wife ordered lasagna and I ordered a small stuffed carnivore pizza. The prices were a little above normal but nothing crazy, now to the food. The pizza was dreadful, the only ingredient I can give high marks to is the cheese, it is fresh, other than that, the sausage, pepperoni and bacon were not good. The flavor of the crust just did not work; the pizza itself was undercooked, overall the pizza was poor. Now let’s talk about the lasagna, I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure you don’t use egg noodles to make lasagna, you use lasagna noodles. Overall the experience was poor, we will not be back

• Visited May 2013