“Great BBQ, seating was difficult.”

BBQ King Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Great BBQ, seating was difficult.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I read the other reviews and decided on this resturant for dinner on our way home to WI. The atmosphere reminded me of a pub, it was small and there wasn't a ton of seating. We did show up at dinner time so I expected the wait. The BBQ was excellent. The coleslaw was okay, not a sweet slaw. The corn bread was a okay too. Overall, we were happy with it.

• Visited March 2014

Woodstock, Illinois
“Best BBQ in Woodstock!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We eat at BBQ King regularly and it is the best BBQ in the area! The meat is consistently delicious, with our favorite being plates of "sliders" where you can choose an assortment of pulled pork, pulled chicken and beef brisket. All are delicious, but you won't go wrong with anything on the BBQ King menu. Great bar with an extensive beer selection. Always busy, go early or late for the best chance at a seat.

• Visited March 2014
New Douglas, Illinois, United States
“OMGosh this is the BEST BBQ I have ever had!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

What a wonderful little spot of a BBQ place. I brought my 3 kids here with another family and we instantly felt welcome amongst the mix of patrons. There were college kids, retired folks and so on but not many kids. But the waitress didn't even act like we were out of place. And luckily we felt welcome and stayed because we had the best experience ever with BBQ. My kids loved it (9, 11, 13). We loved it. The beer selection was phenomenal. We got to taste a few before we picked one and the staff was so knowledgeable about what they had on tap and in the cooler. Everyone I was with felt this was the best part of our Groundhog Day trip. And we want to go back to Woodstock to eat here! Just delicious!

Visited February 2014
Woodstock, Illinois
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

A friend and I tried BBQ King for a weekday lunch a few weeks ago. The place was obviously popular, as people were lining up to go in before it opened, and during our entire 2 hour lunch, tons of people were coming and going.
Note that the location itself does not have much seating, and it is very casual, almost bar-like.
I had the brisket sandwich and was quite surprised how good it was. I could find no fat, and the meat was very tender and tasty. I also liked the fries, but wasn't too keen on their take of coleslaw - a mustard-based variety. But I still ate almost all of it, so if you like that type of coleslaw you might like theirs.
My lunch partner is a huge foodie, and was not so impressed with his King Mac. He stated that the pulled pork was obviously cooked the previous day and reheated.
The staff was very friendly and the location was very clean. I would definitely recommend it and will be going back.

• Visited December 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
“Where are the ribbs”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We tried BBQ King twice. We wanted to try the ribs. Both times they were out. We went but times at 5pm. Once on a Wednesday and once on a Saturday. The food is not good. There really is no service. You order your food at a counter and they bring it to you.

Visited October 2013