“Good burger, neat atmosphere”
Review of D.C. Cobbs Tavern

D.C. Cobbs Tavern
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to DC Cobbs with my family. We heard the burgers were delicious. I had the Woodstock, which had Balsamic Vinegar, Fresh Mozzarella, Boursin Cheese, and Roasted Red Peppers. The toppings were tasty and so was the bun and mac & cheese I got as my side. I have two complaints though...the hamburger meat was not seasoned at all. For a place known for burgers, one would think they would at least throw some salt and pepper in the meat prior to cooking. Also, they charge $2 more for mac and cheese for the side, which is fine; however, the size off the side portion is ridiculous. It was about 6 bites worth. It tasted good, but not worth the $2 upcharge. I'll go back someday probably, but won't make a point of hurrying back.

1  Thank firedancer8780
DTH804, Owner at D.C. Cobbs Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks so much for the positive review. I wanted to take the time to thank you and respond. Someone made a huge mistake if the burger was not seasoned!!! We make our own special blend of seasoning and each side of the burger gets 3 shakes before going on the grill (or that is how it is supposed to be). Obviously someone dropped the ball on your order. While the mac and cheese side is by no means huge it is supposed to be 6-8 ounces. If someone forgot to even season the burger I am guessing they did not give you enough mac either. We have been training some new guys and I am guessing they were not being watched close enough. I am going to look into this. While I am not glad that it happened, I am glad I know so I can try to address it.
We do charge a up charge, because our mac is 100% scratch and uses 3 different cheeses as well as a number of other costly ingredients. Even though its a positive review I would like to offer you to come back and have lunch on me, and get the D.C. Cobb's experience the way its supposed to be. Just drop me a email at info@dccobbs.net so I can email you a gift certificate. Thanks again for the review.
Daniel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Loved the choice of burgers and beers. Great selections on both. The staff is helpful & friendly & the atmosphere is perfect. Excellent, excellent!

1  Thank summersoff
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After my first visit, I just wasn't sure about this place. It was fine, but my sandwich wasn't notable and the fries were ok. I went back again because I was craving a burger. That was the right choice! The variety of topping combinations is surprising. Even better, you don't have to get a beef burger. Choose the toppings (I tried The Stompanato - fresh mozzarella, balsamic tomatoes, mayonaise, basil), then pick the 'protein' (black angus, chicken breast, turkey burger, cod, black bean veggie burger, grass fed beef, etc), and select a side (I got the mac & cheese). The meat is from a local butcher shop, which is a plus. My whole meal was excellent and I can't wait to go back and try more burger combinations. Or the custom mac & cheese.

1  Thank RedNailz
Reviewed March 10, 2013

the food has always been good..now it's great. the service has always been good..now it's great. My friend and I were going to the show across the street. Stopped in for a bloody mary and found out that we had found a friend in the manager Caitie. Stayed for lunch instead of going for the Chinese restaurant Sunday buffet. Split a salad and ruben sandwich. Fantastic attention to detail and customer service. We will without a doubt make this our go to stop. Asked for the golf channel and got it immediately. Terrific attitude and feeling for customer attention.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Any burger choice you can think of they have it. They have a phenominal veggie burger that I am yet to find somewhere else. But I won't because it is all made in house. They even have a mac and cheese assortment where you can pick your own ingredients (even as extravagent as truffle oil). They have a huge selection of beers and cocktails. This is a great place for dinner. I wouldn't bring children here as it is a bar atmospjere.