“Only stay there when monies are short!”
Review of Super 8 Woodstock

Super 8 Woodstock
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I am fully agree with other reviewers about smoke however this place save me good buck so I am happy and after all was good night sleep. My only advice if you don't need to look after your money as I do stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Frank J

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is mainly a smoking hotel with only about 3 non-smoking rooms, but the cigarette smell seems to come through the vents to the non-smoking rooms as well. So I would say don't stay here unless you are either a smoker or don't mind the smell! Apart from that the hotel in itself is nice, the rooms are a good size and clean, and the staff are friendly. Unfortunately the place just smells bad :(

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunshine383
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The smoke smell in the non-smoking rooms is overwhelming & disgusting. When I called to inquire the person on the phone was rude & didn't seemed concerned.

The person who checked us in was very nice and helpful. The room is clean enough, but the smoke from other parts of the hotel permeates all rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Quiteasinger
Reviewed February 10, 2011

You can smell smoke when first walking in, but the room was fresh smelling. As another review stated, the bathtub squeeks while showering, but I didn't sleep in the bathtub, so it was no big deal. The breakfast was low quality. Internet was fast. Somewhat unreliable, but weather conditions may have had an effect.

The rooms are clean, warm, and comfortable.

You'll get a good nights sleep at a low price. Don't expect much more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Room was clean, staff was nice, but the 3rd floor "non-smoking" rooms were smokey due to the rest of hotel and open stairwells. The first impression when you entered the lobby was OMG thick smoke. Had I not been so dog tired I would have cancelled my reservation. Woke up with a thick smoke taste in throat, too gross for words. Hotels should either be SMOKE FREE or not. Can't do both. febreeze doesn't cover it dude! I will not stay at Super 8's the quality is GONE

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I called a month in advance to make a reservation for this hotel because I had an event for the weekend which was 3 hrs from my home and needed a guaranteed place to stay before the hotel filled up with other event participants. A week after I made my reservation, I noticed my credit card bill showed the hotel already charged me! When I called, the man I spoke to, Sam, was rude and didn't seem to care. He said my confirmation number didn't exist (he was the one who took my reservation too), and then finally found it after I fought with him to re-enter the number. He said I was a no show so they charged me. They got my reservation wrong. No apologies from the hotel. I said the day I need the room for and he said that he switched the reservation, all was taken care of, and with the same confirmation number. Well I showed up to check in and by no surprise, he never re-entered my reservation. SO they charged my card and had no reservation for me. They only had a couple rooms left and luckily I was able to get one! They did not apologize and thought it was no big deal. Yeah ok!

The man at the front desk (Sam) smelt like he hadn't showered in 2 weeks and was preparing the breakfast area while working wearing no shoes and only socks! He had one latex glove on to be "sanitary" but then I saw him shoving the garbage down with that latex glove on and then touching the food!

If you want to stay here, go ahead, maybe they won't lose your reservation. But if a man by the name of Sam answers to take your reservation, might as well call a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank wilsos33
Reviewed November 21, 2009

- The tub squeaks and creaks upon each foot step.
- The breakfast setup was sad. The milk pitcher was empty and the refrigerator was padlocked. The cereal was distasteful generic brand.
- The strike plate is missing from the door jam of my room.
- The attendant behind the counter at check-in time had poor English annunciation.
- Sounds from the hall were not well muffled.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank itdevvo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn - McHenry
Quality Inn Woodstock
Quality Inn Woodstock
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Best Western Woodstock Inn

Been to Super 8 Woodstock? Share your experiences!