“Good food, okay service”

Public House of Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Owners Brian & Kathryn Loprino, veteran restaurateurs opened their first Public House Restaurant in 2003. By holding true to their creed - Exceptional Food - Great Spirits! They opened an additional location in 2008 serving Crystal Lake.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Met here with a large group with reservations. Service was very slow. Waited at least 20 minutes for water after drink orders were placed. The menu has a nice variety. There are always specials. They did run out of the fish specials unfortunately. I had the apricot salad with brie cheese. Small portion for a $13 salad in Woodstock. One thin slice of french bread came with it. No bread on table. The apricot dressing was very good. The salad had a nice variety of greens. I've had their sandwiches which are very good with fries. I love Woodstock so know I will be back, but will probably order something else.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came out from the city to visit a friend in Woodstock, IL. She chose to take me to The Woodstock Public House. Cute restaurant with a warm atomosphere. Hostess was prompt when we entered and once we sat at the bar we were immediately greeted with a smile. Great beer selections and martinis!
Dinner reminded me of some of the gastro pubs that I live by. I had the fresh fish special (red snapper) along with a homemade soup, loaded baked potato. My friend had the ultimate steak sandwich. Our dinner was amazing. No complaints. Also had a great glass of red wine (good selection) to go with our dinner. Wish we had room for dessert! I give a 100% for food, service, and atmosphere.
I will be back! ~ I highly suggest stopping in there if you haven't already.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well, since WPH is right in my area I have been there at least 6 times, maybe more. I am always impressed with there menu, it's not to big but it just the right blend of items that I can always find something I like. This is a very quaint location and is really a nice intimate atmosphere, good place for a date or a night out with the family. Papa's Italiano is a great starter, I had a burger there once and it was way over done but I got through it. My favorite dish is the Southwest Steak Risotto, I truly love this dish however the price is outrageous, it's like 27-95 or something, risotto with some steak that seems a bit pricey for me.
If you want a nice place to dine in downtown Woodstock this is your place to hit, most other places either suck or they are closed, WPH has a solid menu and good service, and always has a staff that is very attentive.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I was referred to this place a few years ago by a friend and it has been a gem ever since. My favorite sandwich is the Ultimate Steak Sandwich. It just melts in your mouth. They also have good burgers, fish and lots of specials. As for beverages, they have beers on tap and they will let you have samples. The service staff is very well trained and very knowledgable of the menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant the next time you are in Woodstock, Illinois.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A dreadful snowy night but 4 of us ladies had steak sandwich dinners. The fat on my steak was more than the meat and the French fries tasted tasteless. The others had filet sandwiches and they were tough. We should have had the burgers as they are always good but wanted to expand for New Years. It was crowded as going out of town was not an option. I have never enjoyed eating there since they took the booths out as you rub elbows with people at the next table and your conversation intermingles with the next table........

1  Thank AliceJN