“Back in time ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Public House

Public House
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Owners Brian & Kathryn Loprino, veteran restaurateurs opened their first Public House Restaurant in 2003. By holding true to their creed - Exceptional Food - Great Spirits! They opened an additional location in 2008 serving Crystal Lake.
Longview, Texas, United States
“Back in time ....”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday I wrote my review and sent a few pictures but needless to say I think hit wrong button oops , so I'm redoing as close a possible because this place is well worth the trouble of reviewing , a good friend had recommended highly so I took a local friend , I am visiting from Texas and wanted something I couldn't get back home , this was definitly not back home kind of place and missed . The people were friendly the min we came in and we had the best service from Steve who recommended the perfect drink to start and wine to go with the meal , very attentive even at the end recommended a dessert that he had us try , a fresh raspberry sauce over the New York style cheesecake and oh so good , he was right. If I lived closer I would def. make it a regular place for me to go to . The dress attire is from right off the lake after boating or in the mood to dress up which makes it quite easy to decide where to eat at , loved the feeling of the place. Mark it on ones trip ! :-) thanks again Steve!

• Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Just okay”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Today was our first visit to Woodstock Public House. Not sure how old the building is, but we liked the genuinely old feel. Atmosphere was dark, to be expected with so much beautiful wood. A scented candle had a sickening fragrance; my husband blew it out so we could enjoy our meal. The menu offered a nice variety, including some unusual salads like lobster, which my husband thoroughly enjoyed. He also got a shrimp gazpacho soup, which he couldn't finish because it tasted like diluted shrimp cocktail sauce. I got a tuna salad sandwich with gluten-free bread and smashed potatoes. On the menu, the tuna salad comes with a croissant and fries, so I was grateful for the substitutions of gluten-free bread and smashed potatoes. The chef had grilled the bread, and it was too greasy to finish. The potatoes were good, not great, but I ate every bite. The waitress had asked us if an up-charge for the gluten-free bread was okay, and we agreed. When the bill came, it turned out to be $2 more, which is outrageous for two bread slices; I felt like I had been penalized for having celiac disease. Service was cheerful and prompt.

Chicago, Illinois
“This one is a 10”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Even after reading reviews, I realize that a review of any restaurant is subjective. This place had same generic reviews we come to expect so we approached the restaurant cautiously as this is - after all - a small town off the beaten path. With that said - wow. Reuben sandwich was lean and moist. Not Katz deli of NY quality but actually vey good. House burger - surprisingly very, very good. Seating is tight but not super intrusive. Cozy. Great staff - appropriately attentive. Nicely priced. A must do while in Woodstock.

Woodstock, IL
“Enjoyable dining in Woodstock”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I eat here about every 4-6 weeks. They have a nice variety of sandwiches and entrees, which are consistently good. Most entrees came with steamed vegetables, which are delicious. One of their main features is their 6 homemade soups, which are always available to choose from. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We enjoy coming here.

Atlanta, GA
“Great dinner in a really cool town!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great little spot just off the Woodstock square with delicious food and friendly service. I'd return if I was in Woodstock again!

Visited June 2013

Been to Public House? Share your experiences!