“Always Feels Like Home”

Public House of Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Owners Brian & Kathryn Loprino, veteran restaurateurs opened their first Public House Restaurant in 2003. By holding true to their creed - Exceptional Food - Great Spirits! They opened an additional location in 2008 serving Crystal Lake.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can't say enough about the Woodstock Public House. They make my extra-dirty martinis just the way I like them! Their Bloody Marys are the best we've ever had. If you love a quality burger, The Chop House makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I've had several and have managed to talk many others into them as well. Never disappointed. The staff is so friendly and personable, I always feel like I'm in my own home. The chef always has new specials so the menu is exciting and varied. I wouldn't make a trip to the The Square in Woodstock without a meal at The Public House.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I used to work on the square and eat here multiple times a week. Everything they have is delicious. Their loaded baked potato soup is the best I've ever had. The gourmet BLT is also amazing. Yes, they are a little high on the price side but who cares? I'll pay a little extra for good food. The waiters/waitresses are okay, no one really goes above and beyond, except for Kathryn, she's awesome. So, basically if you're in Woodstock and you're looking for a great place to eat lunch or dinner...you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've gone here on several occasions and I just think they are over priced. They are trying to be to much for the area. Here in Woodstock we don't have alot of restaurants to choose from, so they get away with their prices. The food is OK not great. They are trying to be like a downtown Chicago restaurant. I generally try to talk someone out of going here. The actual restaurant part has a very low ceiling and makes me feel caustrophobic. The bar/easting area is more comfortable to me. It is a bit older and looks that way in some areas. Yes, the soups are good, but that about it for me. Sorry

Reviewed November 18, 2012

You won't be disappointed no matter what you order at the Public House. The staff is excellent. The food is excellent. And the beer variety is excellent. Come to Woodstock and check this place out. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The soups are fantastic! We go for lunch frequently and love the Papa's Italiano appetizer is so unique and tasty it is hard to describe - it is delicious! One of our favorites!