“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We first experienced it 7 years ago when we first moved here. At that time it was a store/restaurant. It was ok then. Well....7 years later...It is unbelievable! The food was above and beyond! The Margaritas are the best we have ever had! I had the Blood Orange then the Corzo..(cucumber, lime, cilantro, which always sounds refreshing to me!) were the best! I had the Shrimp/Chorizo Tacos with a ranchero sauce. The flavor was sooo good!! We would highly recommend this place!!!! We are definitely going back! It is way to dark inside to read the menus. The restaurant was really pretty dark..Very hard to see the menu. They have a tea-light candle on the tables with a dim-lit light hanging above.

It is a must!!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We tend to forget this is here...it's the northern most store in a small little strip mall just to the north of a large Ford dealership (sorry, I won't use their name here..they aren't on my give 'em free advertising list.)
I shouldn't be by now, but I'm always surprised at just how fresh, good, original and consistent the food is here. The maragritas are superb, if expensive (but then, good expensive booze is what makes them superb!)
The service is friendly, servers are knowledgeable and attentive. Always intend to go back more often!!!!
Give them a try!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I read the Trip Advisor reviews and had to give it a try. Two of us arrived about 5pm, the restaurant was just gearing up for the rush. We were greeted with chips and four salsas. The margaritas are made from scratch (one was my limit) yummy! I ordered the shrimp and mushroom fajitas, my husband ordered the carnitas (shredded pork with serrano peppers). The tortillas came warm and wrapped in a cloth. The shrimp were huge and tender. The peppers and onions were crisp and the cilantro fresh. The carnitas were HOT (and the waitress had given a warning). The wait staff gave great explanations of each dish. I would recommend going with one of the specials. Our meals were $15 and $16 with margaritas going for $8. Both of us took food home since we had eaten a few of the chips before dinner. The atmosphere is fun and the restaurant is very clean. Not a very big place and it was full by 6:30 on a Friday night.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Decided to try Mixteca for the first time and my friends and I enjoyed it. We went at lunch time on a weekday. We weren't sure which strip mall it was in - FYI look for Ralph's Rental which is easy to spot; it is in that strip mall next to the Ford dealership. The chips were good and we liked the variety of salsas. Something else that appealed to me was the ability to order a taco or whatever individually without the beans, etc. for a reasonable price - seems like one could just make their own combo plate order that way. The service was very good and so was the food. My friend ordered quesadillas and she loved them! The fish tacos I had (I was able to get a half order at lunch that day) were not at all like fish tacos I have had at other restaurants, but I did like them. We will be back!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Started with 3 tacos, but waitress talked us into "special." Should have stayed with 3 tacos. Food was good, but too much to eat with "special" and much more pricey.