“Nice Italian joint to try out...”

Suparossa Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 55 Restaurants in Woodridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maryland
“Nice Italian joint to try out...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were in the Chicago area from Maryland on vacation for the Christmas Holiday. We spent most of the Day in Downtown Chicago on Christmas Eve. We started to notice that everything was closing early. After driving around looking for a place to eat we stumbled across this place around 8:30-ish on our way back to our hotel. The building looked very big. Inside the first thing you see is a nice size bar on the left. The dining area was huge and still had a separate banquet room in the back.
The server was good at first but towards the middle and end of the meal he was hard to locate. He asked if it was our first time there and we responded with yes. We were expecting him to tell us a little about the place and about the food. All hge did was show us the menu and where the food was listed. So, what he showed us a 5 yr old could of done. We coould smell the pizza cooking. Since it was a wood fired oven, we decided to order pizza. We actually ordered 2 different pizzas and our Son ordered Chicken Parm sandwich. But, the server put in a Chicken Parm dinner. So had to send that back. Also, ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad. The salad was great. Our Son said the sandwich had no flavor. The pizzas had a great taste in some areas. The served just the pizza when clearly there were a few spots that were completely burnt. Even the bottom was burnt. So, work your way around that and you got a nice taste.
When the server stopped by I mentioned the sandwich issue and the pizza issue and I thing he thought I was kidding. He didn't offer to remake either item. Nor did they remove and money off the bill.
So, not sure if it was because it was later in the evening and the staff wanted to go home or it was just that bad.
If we travel to Chicago area again I would probably try this place again. but, if the same issues arise I will definately make more of a noise about the quality of the service and food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank lionking73

Chicago, Illinois
“A new favorite”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First time - my date recommended this restaurant. She has northern Italian roots so she knows something about Italian food and cooking. The ravioli and capellini were excellent. Smooth chianti and attentive service.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SamAdamsGhost
suburban Chicago
“That's Italian”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very good informal restaurant with great Italian food. Don't let the strip mall location fool you this place is good. Very nice size portions of everything from pasta to pizza to Intalian specialties. I don't know if they make their own bread but it is delicious. They bring it out with individual plates of garlic infused olive oil and grated parmesean cheese for dunking. I have to restrain myself or I would eat so much bread I could not eat my entree.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank flavere
Woodridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Buffet is so good.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family went there for the Buffet. Very Good.. the Chicken was so good my daughter had 4 pieces. The Pizza was also very good. Love the thin crust pizza. Great deal for an afternoon Buffet.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bert R
Calgary, Canada
“Flies buzzing around can't be good...”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

and it wasn't good at all. The carpet was dirty, my glass and utensils were dirty. The waitress was gruff, with the tell tale voice of someone that has smoked way too many cigarettes. The plate of olive oil, parmesan cheese and what looked like onions was disgusting looking and in no way was I interested in even trying it. The flies continued to buzz around our heads... Our meals came and were greeeeeasy. The more I looked around the less appetizing lunch was. Also, for an Italian restaurant next to a hockey rink that had 150 Jr A players in town for a main camp team tryout the place was deserted. Pasta is a staple in a young athletes diet, but obviously locals knew to stay away. It was us out-of-towners that had to learn the hard way. The flies were still buzzing around as we left...quickly...avoid at all costs.

• Visited July 2012