“Do NOT miss the place!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple
Description: Contemporary at its best
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Without question, one of the best sushi restaurants I've been to, and I've been to a lot. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, it's pricey. Perhaps the service could have been a bit faster. But the sushi...wow! We had the Smoky Bear roll, the Chicago Street roll, and the Oh My God roll. All three were just fantastic! The Oh My God roll was the coolest, arriving at the table flaming. Our favorite was the Smoky Bear roll. The part I really appreciated was the fact that they also served cheeseburgers, as my son doesn't eat sushi. The burger wasn't just a frozen patty, either...it was an inch thick gourmet burger on a fabulous roll. Expect to pay fancy restaurant prices but don't miss this place if you love sushi.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place has changed names about 5 times in the last few years...and it just happened again last week. The service was slow because they were clearly getting used being new; but the food seems to be the same. They have a really great deal for happy hour from 5-630 and late night on Friday/Saturday, which I would try to take advantage of. Big fan of the Bulgogi sandwich, but I think the fries were better under one of the previous names. The place itself is huge, but try sitting at the bar - It's pretty nice.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Four rolls + one appetizer = $105 before tip! And none of it was really good. It wasn't terrible..... but it was very bland.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went for dinner on a Saturday at around 7pm and found no host to seat us. We stood their for 10 minutes waiting, finally we sat ourselves at the bar. The bartender was very nice but not experienced. He could not multitask and was extremely slow. He took my spouses water glass along with someone else's to refill and came back not knowing who's glass was who's. The bar is run down and they had very low inventory. The sushi that we could eat, because most of their selection had ceam cheese in it, was good. Not everyone like cream cheese. We asked if we can watch the Hawks game and the bartender tried to find it, but got scolded by a server in front of us for playing on the TV. We WILL NOT be returning.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent meal here last night. We each had a house wine (me-Merlot, my wife- Chardonnay), both were excellent. We had the seven bridge roll and were impressed. It was delucious and large. The shashimi assortment was also delicious and outside the normal tuna abd salmon selections had red snapper which was very good. Our waitress was outstanding-- very friendly, helpful and attentive. The prices were reasonable.

We will be back.