DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Tokyo, Japan
“Can be better”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I like the overall cleanliness and the staff of the hotel I would definitely stay at Doubletree hotel again and would recommend it to friends. The room was clean and the bed are comfortable. The only thing I noticed about the room is there was a BIG ripped from the carpet as you open the door. I just tried not to noticed it because of some other good things about it. I just wished that the breakfast is included and not being charged for it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. Please be assured that your comments are taken very seriously and I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
As you may have noticed we are undergoing a guestroom renovation which will be completed in mid August. I hope you will stop in again and see our new finishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
florence, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

WAIT 6 MONTHS! This place is a mess right now. The roof is covered in tarps, the fixtures in the bathroom are falling off, worn out. The staff was very nice, but the room was terrible! Once the remodel is complete this place hopefully will be a nice hotel again, but not now.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Im sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible; our completion date for this project is set for mid August

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I just finished a 5 night stay there and I was not impressed. I am a gold member, not top tier- but the room I was given was pretty bad. Because there's only 1 elevator in the entire hotel, the hotel is built like a square with a courtyard, and my room was on the opposite end of the square, I elected not to change rooms the first night- but wish I did.

1. The room smelled overpoweringly of mold. I am allergic to mold so have a pretty sensitive nose, but this seemed as if there had been major water damage and only a partial cleanup attempted, because...
2. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and...
3. The ceiling had major cracks in it, including the bathroom ceiling and...
4. Even the paint around the door key was bulging, as if it had been damaged by water. ( I only noticed this on a few doors on my floor- so lucky me being in that room!
Also
5. You could only turn on a couple of the lamps in the sitting area, because honest to goodness the little switches in the base where you should turn them on were just holes in the lamp
6. There were no drain stoppers in the sink- this is minor but odd

I was only in the room for about 6 hours a night, and again did not complain or ask to be switched- because I was just too tired from work. The front desk was lovely, I tried the buffet on my last day there (I left too early on the weekend) and it was good, and the lobby is nice. I wish I could have slept in the lobby. Because I'd stay at a Red Roof Inn or Motel 6 before I'd stay here again. The room was just that nasty.

I guess my last observation is this- you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I wasn't a regular traveler to this hotel, and I think there are a lots of regulars... But I could have been. I stay out there in that area for long periods of time. And if this is the quality of room they are giving to gold status members- I'd hate to see what they are giving someone with lower status.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your recent stay . As you noticed we are undergoing renovations to our guest rooms which will be completed in just a few short weeks. We are also in the process of putting the finishing touches on our HHonors floor.
I am sorry to hear that your guest room was less than perfect, obviously one that our contractors had not touched yet. I do hope that you will come and enjoy one of our newly renovated guest rooms.
Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered.
Los Alamitos, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on business and found it to be very comfortable. It was only 10 minutes from the office I had to go to so it was very convenient. Very quiet facility. Excellent breakfast with enough variety for all. Of course you have got to love the cookies. One drawback is that there are not very many restaurants in the area. If you don't have transportation you are stuck at the hotel for meals.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words, Mr. F. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!!
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location and the overall experience at the DoubleTree was excellent. This hotel sits in a calm setting and is convenient to the city of Chicago. The lake that is in front of the property gives it a rural feel, even though it is in the middle of a commercial complex. Old man Conrad would be proud.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

To make Conrad proud would be the ultimate achievement for my staff and myself !! Thank you for saying we've met this goal !

We appreciate your comments and your business. Please stop in and see us again soon !
Wood Dale, IL, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff was courteous and helpful providing us with train station schedules and other tourist information any time we asked for it. The pool area was very nice and well maintained. With the exception of a slow-running tub drain, the room was in great condition. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for making our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel part of your travel plans. I'm sorry to hear of that slow tub drain I hope it wasnt too much of an inconvenience. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will think of us again should your travel plans bring you back to the Chicagoland area.
Flower Mound, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

They spent lots of money making the lobby look good, but the hotel rooms themselves are old, dingy, and many have a smell to them. Tough to regulate the temperature as well. Breakfast is going downhill as well. The quality is fair, and they stopped making eggs to order with the buffet. Overall, they need much more than a lobby make over to make this hotel worth it. It's also not in the most convenient of locations. I go there only because of a meeting that is always scheduled their by locals who don't have to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is only through feedback like yours that we can address, correct and ensure all of our guests’ satisfaction. While we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay, I am sorry to hear from your review that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do realize that you have a choice in where you stay and assure you that your feedback will be internally discussed to improve our offerings and services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!