“Could have tried harder, but guests are stuck”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Louisville, KY
“Could have tried harder, but guests are stuck”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Upon checking in (around 4:30 pm), the staff member checked to see if our room was clean--it wasn't, so we received another room. I don't know why we had to hear the back story from staff on getting our room ready. The room was fine - a suite actually with couch and second TV. The bathroom was clean but old--when I turned on the shower it felt like the faucet was loose enough to fall out if I wasn't extra gentle. The room had a slight odor, like it used to be a smoking room or something, but the sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. The walls were thin--we could hear our neighbors quite well. The breakfast is a rip-off, but if you don't have a car there isn't another choice. There is nothing near this hotel. For $10 the continental had limited fruit selections--the typical sliced cantaloupe and pineapple, no berries. There is no shuttle on weekends and it is about $25 plus tip to take American Taxi to/from the airport. The gym is small but functional. The cookies are nice and the staff is friendly enough. The hotel is what it is--one of very few options in Wood Dale, and a decent place to sleep and shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm sorry to hear that while pleasant, your stay wasnt excellent. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with my staff as it is our goal to exceed our guests expectations, everytime.
I would like to invite you to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Wood Dale / Chicago area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Overall the experience was fine. The bathrooms were small a rather dated but worked. My main complaint was having the side door access deliberately locked from the outside whereby can't access it if you park on the side of the building, you have to drag your bags all the way around through the lobby, late at night perhaps limiting access but not all the time. All hotels offering side access should allow it! I requested a non smoking room yet the bed smelled of smoke as did the room when the vent was off. The toilet seat was so loose, it almost came off. Why can't the cleaning staff request such a noticable repair? In summary, the value was worth the stay despite the issues I encountered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you taking the time to write your review. Please be assured that I will personally see that each of the concerns you mentioned are addressed in a timely manner.
Thank you again for your time and your business. I appreciate it !
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Good location just outside of the premium priced Ohare hotels. The shared areas of the hotel have been updated but the rooms are dated. The only accessible outlet was in the bathroom. Some of the fixtures in the room were broken.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and enjoy our newly remodeled guest rooms; all of which are scheduled to be completed this summer.
Thank you for your business. I appreciate it!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel services and accomodations are great I heard the gym is a little small, but other than that the lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are very nice. Need to request a refridgerator and/or microwave and pay an additional nightly fee which was a little odd. The staff is courteous and very helpful and the cookie you get upon checkin is delicious. Hotel restaurant has tasty food and they serve Starbucks coffee. It's a quaint part of town and within a 10 mile radius has lots of fantastic restaurants, shops, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Doubletree Hotel is in and industrial park area however it has a country atmosphere.
There is a nice pond in the front of the hotel with resident Canadian Geese and the hotel is surrounded by trees.
I will stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
My staff and I look forward to seeing you again!

Happy Traveling !
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable. We got a great rate. The restaurant had good food and excellent service. The front desk was friendly and helpful. A bar that converts to a Starbucks in the morning. An excellent choice if you need to saty near Ohare, but don't want higher priced hotels

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you return soon !
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Booked this hotel because of the reviews and pictures that were online and it was the worst experience ever in a hotel. Three different rooms all were dirty in some way, mostly coffee on the cupboard doors, the second room I almost fell because the celing was leaking, what the crap fix your rooms before you allow people to stay in them. They didn't have the wine in the room and you couldn't even take your breakfast back to the room after you have to pay for it. Don't stay at a Double Tree horrible hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!