“Very nice affordable hotel in a good location. Easy drivable access to shopping, dining, and event locations.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wasn't expecting the hotel to be as nice as it was, so was very pleased when I walked into the lobby and saw how beautiful everything was. I am thinking they have recently renovated. They were installing carpet in one of the hallways during my stay. My room was comfortable, ample room in the bathroom, and the shower was nice. The hotel is within easy driving distance to restaurants, shopping, and events. I was there on business, but would stay again when traveling for pleasure. The pool is GREAT, especially if you like to swim laps. It was one of the nicest hotel pools I have seen, and had a warm spa next to it. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
My only issue was that the heater was blowing straight up into the curtains, so I had to devise a way to get the curtain out of the way. Also, I had a very noisy neighbor, but that can happen anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My entire experience at this hotel was very good. Problems were handled in a professional manor , comfortable rooms, good food, friendly staff. The only possible downside of this hotel is not a function of the hotel itself but more a symptom of the hospitality industry in general. And that is that "in general" the prices of hotels are outrageously expensive. Now having shared my view I must add that the price of this hotel was within the price for comparable rooms offered by other suppliers. But in my opinion the price of rooms at this hotel and other comparable hotels is frequently prohibitively pricey for a new business such as mine to afford... which is why I normally end up staying at lower quality hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was the most convenient Hilton property near where my business meetings were, so I stayed here. But quickly regretted it. I was there for 3 nights, and as I got used to it, it was fine. I just expected a Doubletree property, and this isn't up to those standards. The clerk when I checked in was not helpful and when I got to my room the lightbulbs were on the chairs in the room instead of in the lamps, and the phones didn't work. So, I had to walk back down, and was told that she couldn't help me, that I would have to wait, well I said I needed another room, because I needed to eat and go to bed. She reluctantly gave me another room. Which was all put together. The room service was good, and Lou Malnati's delivers to this hotel! Best Pizza!
If you are expecting a Doubletree, please lower your standards, and you will be fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do appreciate it.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than excellent. We take pride in our preventative maintenance program and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards during your stay.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with our front desk supervisor and our chief engineer in order to prevent similar concerns from arising in the future.

Thank you again for your time and please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay with us in greater detail.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed over a weekend to be close to family without being in the city. It was undergoing some renovation/maintenance at the time, but we were not affected. Room was spacious and comfortable and quiet enough that even the baby slept well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rcaplinger
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was a bit relecutant to stay here again as I spent a night there in September while renovations were underway. This time I was booked in for a week as I attended training for my new job. I have to say I quickly changed my mind. The newly renovated lobby is really great, There are lots of comfortable seating and work areas so I didnt have to stay in my room. I was able to work on my laptop and watch the NFL games Sunday night in the lobby. The staff here is wonderful. I quickly became a "regular" as everyone remembered who I was.
I will say that the guest rooms are a bit tired but the furnishings are nice and I am told upgrades will happen next year. The important thing it was very clean.
The restaurant and lounge staff were awesome and I apprecate them taking the time to get to know me.
I know I will have to go back to Chicago in the near future and I have already told my boss I want to stay at this Doubletree when I do.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of an industrial park and there is nothing close by but warehouses. Proximity to the airport also is a nuisance. Hotel staff at check-in were inviting but the room service staff was terrible. When attempting to request silverware to my room, I could barely understand the man and was then told it would take at least 25 minutes to deliver a set of silverware to my room. You're better off taking matters into your own hands and taking a pass at this sub-par DoubleTree.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Given the renovation. We had a great experience. It was nice to get away from the city traffic and noise.

I love the warm cookies. When you checkin.

The room that we stayed in was more like a mini suite. It felt really warm and cozy. The bed was SUPER comfortable.

The pool area was great including that it has a hot tub.

Overall great experience would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elk Grove Village/Itasca
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson...
#4 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!