DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Highland, Indiana
“GONE DOWN HILL”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Went here last year and it was great. Had nothing but problems this time. Gave me a handicapped room with a shower for wheelchairs, I am close to six foot tall and the shower head was three foot high. Everytime I asked staff for help they seem like they could care less. I asked to switch and without even looking the lady at the front desk was no were booked. Took them two days to get a fridge in my room and when I asked about getting one the first time it seemed like a huge deal (they charge extra BTW). When it still wasn't there the first day I had to call to ask them again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
APatenaude, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
cereal7-

Thank you for takingthe time to review our hotel! As the new GM of the property, I greatly appreciate the feedback... I will certainly follow-up with my front desk staff regarding their poor interaction with you, as that is unacceptable. I also wanted to let you know I think you bring up a good point regarding fridges in the rooms. I am going to push for them to be added to all rooms in our upcoming renovation later this year!

Adam Patenaude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel literally dozens of times in the last 3 years. My company used to have a corporate rate here until this year. I let the rate expire because the rooms, carpet, and service, need a major overhaul. Not the cleanest experience anymore. They need to keep up with their competition.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed here 3-nights during a vacation to Chicago. A nice hotel, clean rooms, but beds were very soft. There is a $10/day charge for internet in the room but free internet in the hotel lobby/business center. Swimming pool/spa is large and the fitness center has nice cardio machines but not much for weights.

The hotel is close to several golf courses and Top Golf. We wanted to try the Top Golf game but just didn't find the time. Overall a nice hotel and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
des moines, ia
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I book travel for my business through hotwire or priceline to chicago about 15-20 days a year. This was a personal vacation trip. Booked through Hotwire, i was made to feel like a second class citizen. Internet $10 per day?? wow. I brought my laptop to the lobby, where internet is free, logged in and carried my laptop,open back to my room I was good for 24 hours.
The waiter asked if i had a breakfast coupon. I said no, and asked at the front desk for one. I was told in a teasing voice, "Ha Ha, you dont get one, because you booked through hotwire." (Ok,, so exagerated the HA HA) $10 for a cold breakfast, which most hotels call a free continental breakfast, and $13 for an egg with it.
The thermostat did not work in the room. It got colder, by itself. I set it for 70, an hour later it read 68, then 66. They tried to fix it, but in the 3 days i was there, could not fix it, nor switch rooms, because we booked on Hotwire and certain rooms are hotwire!!
I am sure hotwire does not book only the broken rooms, but they could not switch us??

Les

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank challes
Warren, MI
Reviewed July 11, 2010

This is obviously an older hotel but since its transition to Doubletree it's obvious that upgrades have been made but some remain.

Check in was fast and friendly. The lobby area was clean. The restaurant and lounge are right there when you walk in the door.

The hallways had older but clean carpeting, updated lighting although the faint smell of old smoke combined with lots of air freshener was unmistakable.

The room was pretty nice with newer carpeting, a flat screen tv and a comfortable bed. The bathroom showed the age of the property but wasn't horrible. The tub was quite old with a couple sloppy patched areas. There was a tiny bit of mold and mildew in the grout. Water pressure was very good and hot water plentiful.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool and hot tub area but did a walk through and it looked inviting.

Chose to use my VZ card as the high speed internet at this Doubletree is $10 or $12 per day.

Not the newest or nicest hotel in the world but it did make for a comfortable night with friendly staff so i can recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Cons:
Does not live up to Hilton family
Wrong charges to credit card
Rude front desk
No manager on weekends
Horrible bathroom
Not close to downtown

Pros:
Looks good from outside
Has a pond attached

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 8, 2009

A great value and good service. Friendly staff, nice lobby, great fitness room, whirlpool was very warm for a hotel hot tub and it is large. Pool was clean and reasonable size. Room was very large and had flat screen TV. There was some dust buildup on the carpet next to the walls which tells me housekeeping could be more through. Bed was very comfortable. Wireless Internet was flawless. Restaurant was part of the lobby similar to Courtyards. I eat breakfast in the restaurant and the food was better then average. No free breakfast, paid $11 for a cooked to order breakfast bar. This hotel sits elegantly on its grounds.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!