Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$56
$114
$76
$71
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
$40
$93
$85
All reviewsnext morningquiet hotelarriving latetypical courtyardfitness roomsolid choiceclean roomsbusiness travelcomfortable stayshuttle servicebistroratesnetflixchicagomeeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed at this hotel while I was visiting friends. It was WONDERFUL!
The rooms were very large, and well appointed with a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. The beds were absolutely the most amazing thing I've ever slept on! The staff was excellent also. Any time I come back around here, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2010

After seeing dark spots on the white sheets it prompted us to pull back the fitted sheets and we are glad we did! The mattress pads are covered in hair! There were crumbled pretzles on the carpet, the coffee filter bag had been opened and a dried up dirty washcloth was hanging on the shower curtain rod. The young man at the desk did try and comp us a breakfast but that was also a terrible experience due to the server questioning why we were getting a free breakfast and glaring at us making it very uncomfortable to eat. Needless to say, I left this hotel feeling embarrassed, uncomfortable, and very disappointed. Our experience in this so called 4 star hotel was a nightmare.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My partner and I needed a one night place to stay near the airport. I have always trusted Courtyard to be consistent in its presentation. I had just finished a stay at a Courtyard in Des Moines and figured that this one would be just as comfortable. I wish I could say that the room was as good, but it was not. Mine was small in comparison to newer Courtyards. Plus, the AC unit leaked (something I did not discover until the morning when I found some clothing soaked). The king bed was comfortable, though.

I will say that the service was very good. As I was driving in, I took the wrong turn and quickly called the front desk. Raul was the kind and courteous person who then spent the next 10 minutes getting me safely to the hotel. Needless to say, not knowing Chicago at all, it was a relief to have someone hold my hand as I negotiated my way. I was also appreciative of the restaurant list of nearby eateries that I was given. A very good pizza place delivered a great meal in about 30 minutes.

The pool, though I didn't use it, is larger than most. The location is odd, in an industrial area that is mostly closed down. The trip to O'Hare is about 20 minutes, mostly due to the back-up experienced at Irving Park and York. If you are driving, note that this intersection takes several minutes to pass through.

The breakfast buffet was standard, but at 10 bucks a person, expected. Ask the waitress for any special orders. My omelet was huge and very tasty!

The hotel could use a face-lift, and at $159 a night feels pricey, given I had just paid 40 dollars less than that for a suite in a desirable Des Moines location. I probably would not recommend this spot, though the staff is certainly courteous, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We just got back from a two day stay at this hotel. We got a great price on priceline so it was well worth the amount we paid. My kids really enjoyed the pool and it is nice the business center is free. I printed out a few directions and coupons which was nice. I would stay here again. I noticed that the rooms seemed to be refurbished nicely but the hallways and common areas especially by the hotel seem worn. In my opinion this hotel is stretching to call itself 3 stars. It is more on tract with a solid 2-2.5 star hotel not a 3-star. I was with priceline so we got the King bed so as a family we had to utilize the pull out couch. We are used to it but it is unfortunate that hotels do this for families. This is what I like to call the "Priceline treatment."

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

stayed here for a wedding out in Itasca. Great hotel , great people working here and its very clean and kept up with.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple