Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
View Hotel
All reviewsnext morningquiet hotelarriving latetypical courtyardfitness roomsolid choiceclean roomsbusiness travelcomfortable stayshuttle servicebistroratesnetflixchicagomeeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My partner and I needed a one night place to stay near the airport. I have always trusted Courtyard to be consistent in its presentation. I had just finished a stay at a Courtyard in Des Moines and figured that this one would be just as comfortable. I wish I could say that the room was as good, but it was not. Mine was small in comparison to newer Courtyards. Plus, the AC unit leaked (something I did not discover until the morning when I found some clothing soaked). The king bed was comfortable, though.

I will say that the service was very good. As I was driving in, I took the wrong turn and quickly called the front desk. Raul was the kind and courteous person who then spent the next 10 minutes getting me safely to the hotel. Needless to say, not knowing Chicago at all, it was a relief to have someone hold my hand as I negotiated my way. I was also appreciative of the restaurant list of nearby eateries that I was given. A very good pizza place delivered a great meal in about 30 minutes.

The pool, though I didn't use it, is larger than most. The location is odd, in an industrial area that is mostly closed down. The trip to O'Hare is about 20 minutes, mostly due to the back-up experienced at Irving Park and York. If you are driving, note that this intersection takes several minutes to pass through.

The breakfast buffet was standard, but at 10 bucks a person, expected. Ask the waitress for any special orders. My omelet was huge and very tasty!

The hotel could use a face-lift, and at $159 a night feels pricey, given I had just paid 40 dollars less than that for a suite in a desirable Des Moines location. I probably would not recommend this spot, though the staff is certainly courteous, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We just got back from a two day stay at this hotel. We got a great price on priceline so it was well worth the amount we paid. My kids really enjoyed the pool and it is nice the business center is free. I printed out a few directions and coupons which was nice. I would stay here again. I noticed that the rooms seemed to be refurbished nicely but the hallways and common areas especially by the hotel seem worn. In my opinion this hotel is stretching to call itself 3 stars. It is more on tract with a solid 2-2.5 star hotel not a 3-star. I was with priceline so we got the King bed so as a family we had to utilize the pull out couch. We are used to it but it is unfortunate that hotels do this for families. This is what I like to call the "Priceline treatment."

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

stayed here for a wedding out in Itasca. Great hotel , great people working here and its very clean and kept up with.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

cons:
-this hotel has a shuttle but WILL NOT PICK YOU UP FROM THE AIRPORT, which is about 20 minutes away.

-doors allow a lot of noise through, the walls do too. but you have your own thermostat and can turn on the fan to drown out the hotel noises

-breakfast is ~$10/person, but there are local joints that are tastier/cheaper not too far away

pros:
+the reception desk was helpful at checkin, we'd had a wedding gift mailed to the hotel so that we wouldn't have to pack it into our carryon and it was waiting for us behind the counter when we checked in.

+we got a GREAT rate by making the reservation the hotel's website as AAA members and using my father's Marriott rewards number.

+The houskeeping folks are great at what they do, and the room was spotless. They even respected the excess pillows we'd tossed on the floor and put them on the couch when making the beds! They also only replaced the towels that were on the floor, following their own directive (it bothers me when hotels replace all the sheets and towels every day from the bed and the unused towel racks)

+great suburban location if you need a place to stay in the area

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is a great hotel and we've stayed here many times. We just got back from another weekend visit with the kids. The hotel is clean, the indoor pool is great & the staff is helpful & friendly. If you're visiting Chicagoland or Schaumburg for leisure or business, you'll have no worries here. The rates are always good. Weekend rates are well-below other hotels in the area. I assume it's because the hotel is located in an industrial area with lots of warehouses, etc. Whenever we want a night away from home, we stay here just for fun. The breakfast rate is well worth it. We've stayed her at least 6 times and we've never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family