“Nice service, clean rooms”

Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice service, clean rooms”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel is small, but the rooms are OK- quite spacy and look like you normally expect from the Courtyard. Nice service. The area is industrial, so don't expect a nice neighborhood. OK to stay if you're for a business somewhere nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KA_and_MA
Dan N, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are one of the original design Courtyard's by Marriott and have been changed with the latest renovations. Our area is primarily industrial but we are conveniently located just down the street from the commuter train station that leads right into downtown Chicago. We do also offer a complimentary local shuttle to locations within a 5 mike radius of the property to help get you around the area. Shopping is close by and along with many local favorites for restaurants.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice Courtyard. Excellent lobby area to meet and mingle with fireplace, TV, food, low tables, high tables, lots of power outlets, free WiFi, etc. I found the room to be very comforable as well. Good location.

Room Tip: probably want to stay down the hall away from the lobby. It's a great place to mingle so people...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dan N, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Your comments about our new Bistro restaurant and lobby were great. Marriott's new concept is to reaquaint our guests with the lobby as a gathering or work area and it's just those things you mentioned that draw our guests back whether to eat, drink or just connect. In the warmer months, we have two patio areas that are also available for guest use.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a good standard Courtyard close to O'Hare airport. Not much is walkable from here but there is plenty to do in a short drive. The lobby and breakfast area was good and looked like it was recently renovated. Service for breakfast was friendly and efficient fast serve type of style not the older buffet / table service. It worked well for me as I was traveling on business and is well suited for the business area the hotel is in, but could be a little difficult for families with young children.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel from your last stay with us. We are situated close to O'Hare airport, a short cab ride away. Our lobby was renovated to the new Marriott Bistro concept just over a year ago. All Courtyards will be changing over to this hot new concept by the end of this year. Your comments regarding our service were great also as the staff memebers in the Bistro have been here from the old buffet style to the new concept, working here for over 12 years! The families really love the booths we have with the tv and connectivity ports in the Bistro and Business travelers love the openness.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Tis is a very nice property, but need a car to go anywhere. I would stay here again. Close to O'Hare and customers we needed to visit. Service in the evening was very fast and efficient. If your a light sleeper, airplane noise may bother you. Other than that, Agree with with others have said about this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dan N, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of our property. Yes, a car would be convenient but don't forget about our complimentary local shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the property. It would let you relax while we did some of the driving. I'm glad to see that you would stay with us again, and hope to see you in the near future.
Albany, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm usually a Hilton guy, but in this case they all seemed to be booked so my assistant put me in a Courtyard. Generally Courtyards equate pretty well to a Hilton Garden Inn and I'm OK with either. In this case this Courtyard is very long in the tooth. It needs major investment in a makeover. There are a lot of little things in the rooms that are broken or missing. The rooms are poorly setup and the furniture is well worn.

Also something I found extremely annoying is that the internet connection (included with your stay) requires you to go back to their home page to re-engage the internet connection. Once I log onto their network they should just let me use the connection without their interrupting my work.

This just solidifies why I'm a Hilton person.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 133 which is by one of the back doors. Good location although you hear people coming...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm very sorry that your stay was not better and more pleasant. While we are an older Courtyard property, our renovations should have shown better. Our lobby and Bistro restaurant is only a little over a year old and the rooms were renovated back in 2008. There should have been nothing mising or broken in your room, and obviously we need to address this issue. The internet should have stayed connected and not forced you back to the homepage. I see that I definitely have some areas for us to correct and assure you this information will help me make the necessary changes. I do appreciate your input.

Travelers are raving about these Wood Dale hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Clean rooms, great location only minutes away from the train station and right next to O'Hare Airport. Hotel has been updated to the new Courtyard standards, but seems like it is a little more plush than most. Feels brand new. Cafe staff is very friendly and food is good. Front desk is friendly, professional and very helpful. I did notice a small amount of noise from adjacent rooms, but not unreasonable. Overall very nice. I will stay here anytime I am in the area.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms may be somewhat quieter and will have a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dan N, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you Mr. Tretick for your pleasant review and comments regarding our property. We do like to promote our close proximity to the train and O'Hare Airport. Your recommendation for facing the Courtyard is a good one, and even more perfect in the warmer months as we have the 2 patios available along with our gazebo. Our Bistro and lobby are both just over a year old now and these areas are very welcoming. I'm glad you mentioned the staff as they truly are here to service our guests. We definitely will look forward to a return visit from yourself in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed one night at this property because it was close to a nearby conference I was attending and I prefer Marriott branded properties. The room was clean and comfortable (though the walls between rooms were thinner than I expect from a Courtyard as I could hear the guy in the room adjacent).
The hotel claims to have complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel. I asked to be picked up at from the Holiday Inn Elk Grove at 9pm (3.8 miles away) where I was attending a conference. I was told it was outside the pick up area and I would need to take a cab. On checkout the following morning, I again asked for the complimentary shuttle service to the Hoilday Inn Elk Grove at 7:30am and was told the shuttle would not start until 8:30am. I had chosen this hotel specifically for its excellent rate, proximity to my conference, and complimentary shuttle.
Otherwise, the staff were fast and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dan N, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I know we have spoken personally regarding the difficulties with our free shuttle and I have apologized for the error - we should have provided the service you requested as the location of the conference is actually within our driving range. Being a Marriott Rewards member you knew what to expect and we did create a mishap for you and for that I apologize again. After our conversation, we agreed that you were satisfied with our resolution to your issues. We definitely would love to have you stay with us in the future, if the need arises.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wood Dale
Westin Chicago Northwest
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca? Share your experiences!