“Buffet disappointing - perhaps better when opens each day”
Review of Helen's Restaurant

Helen's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Wood Dale
Elgin, Illinois
“Buffet disappointing - perhaps better when opens each day”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have fond memories of eating the breaded pork and stuffed cabbage rolls we ordered for takeout years ago. But I was disappointed eating her in August. The buffet either has food that has been out for too long or there isn't enough of some item. Decor is old.

• Visited August 2013

“Rude Wait Staff and Management”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been going to Helens for 15 years. When I lived in the area I'd go a hand full times a year, now that I have moved I make it out once a year twice if lucky. Today will be my last time ever. First the decor has not changed in the last 15 year's nor has much of the menu or buffet. These really aren't my issues but I wanted to point them out. My disappointment comes from the staff. I went up to the buffet I was the only one there and I heard softy to someone in the kitchen here's one for you. Whatever didn't think much about it. Then the indirect fat jokes started. Being plus sized sure I've heard it all before but not from a establishment I'm buying something from. And honesty if I wanted to stoop to there level it's really not that hard; there is a reason why there's so many polish stereotypes and jokes. So the food is average, decor stuck somewhere in the 90's and the staff well there just rude.

Wood Dale, Illinois
“i love the food”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

love the atmosphere. and the food is wonderfully delicious

Visited September 2011