“Yum!”

Good for: Families with children
Chicago, Illinois
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been here twice and ordered the Green Curry Chicken both times. This is the favorite dish I order when I go to Thai restaurants. It was very good. This one is a winner.

The place has a simple but clean décor. I like that it is air-conditioned. The owner is very pleasant.

I will definitely make this restaurant a regular place to get Thai food. Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013

Winfield
“Good Thai at a Great Price”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was excited that a Thai restaurant came to Winfield. I have tried several dishes and have not been disappointed. The owners are incredibly friendly and give great service. The one time that the takeout was not ready on time, I found an extra order of an appetizer in the bag as a thank you for waiting. They are wonderful to their customers, which makes me want to come back almost more than the food does.

• Visited January 2013
Winfield, Illinois
“Nice place with good food and service great lunch specials!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I did not find out about this place until February of this year even though I have lived in this nice quaint town for 20 years now. They opened late last year 2011. Sam is the owner and we have been on a first name basis since February and I frequent this place quite often at least a few times a month if not week as they are a hop, skip, and jump from my house in Winfield.

Winfield is very small and this is a nice little place that suits this twon well. The lunch specials are great with a cup of soup, appetizer, and main course and they have so many things and you can get it from 1-5 on how spicy you like it that day which is great and I usually go with the Ground Chicken Basil leaves, Spicy Szechwan, Pad Thai or panang Curry. I like spicy but usually go with 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 so be careful. And do not be afraid to ask for extra basil leaves and add to the basil dishes as I love to do that and it is great.

My favorites here are the Pad Eggplant with chicken, Panang Curry and Thom Kha Soup with Chicken.

Everything is always fresh and I usually go to an early lunch and enjoy!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RadfordC
Winfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A little place in a nondescript strip mall across the tracks from the Winfield train station. Good, reasonably priced food. Love the chicken pad thai and the soup. The owner is very friendly & accomodating.

• Visited October 2012
Rocklin, California
“Excellent Thai food that's easy on the wallet. No MSG!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently my husband and I were in the Chicago area and were introduced to this wonderful little establishment close to the train in Winfield. My sister in law has eaten here on a few occasions and was telling us the story of the owner. We were excited to try something authentic and we weren't disappointed. Just sorry we waited til our last day to do so.
Very friendly owner/waiter who brought out beautiful food in no time at all to our window table. We held back long enough to snap a couple of pictures of the colorful dishes and dug in. My favorite is Panang Curry and I have had it repeatedly in one Thai restaurant after another and Somsri's was excellent. I also had a Thai coffee which was very good, my husband had a Thai iced tea. The dishes each came with two small rolls and a traditional clear broth soup. The shop owner was our waiter and very friendly. The atmosphere he creates makes you feel like you are part of the family. It is this business that helps support his aging mother back in Thailand. What the place lacks in style is ok considering it is clean and the food is so great. He also offered at no additional charge free refills of our iced Thai tea and coffees! That was a first. My one regret was that we went there the last day of our trip and that their take out doesn't work from 2,000 miles away. This would be my first choice for a lunch special or dinner date out if I lived nearby. They have a good take out business and do deliver. Don't wait to try this one.

• Visited August 2012