“It was OK”

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Winfield
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had not eaten here in a while a it was not bad and I had the cajun Chicken and Shrimp pasta and it was good.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

There aren't many choices for eating out in Winfield, but John's Buffet is probably the best of what Winfield has to offer. It's an okay place to eat at and to have a beer or drink if you're in the area.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Good Food, Old-School (Like Real Old) bar with a tiny stage that sometimes has performers on in the evenings. Food is good and typical bar food...sandwiches, fish and chips, etc.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Over the years we have gone to John's dozens of times and been very satisfied but the last three or four times we have noticed a decided dropoff in service. I don't know if it's primarily management's failure to properly train their wait staff or just a general shortage of qualified people but the service lately had been atrocious. One time my wife ordered Sweet Potato Fries that came smothered in sugar. When she questioned why there was sugar on these fries she was told that this is the way they serve them. There was no offer to exhange them for fries without sugar or for another side dish. On another visit when the restaurant was not busy we had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to take our order and then was not seen ever again. We had to go to the bar to order another drink and again to ask for our check - shortly after the waitress came by with our check. On another visit when we had a party of three, several items that we ordered were either completely forgotten or mixed up. This probably could have been avoided if the waiter wrote down our order rather than trying to impress us by memorizing the order. We keep going back because it's very close to our home and the food and selection of beers and wine is usually very good and reasonably priced but it seems like they're trying to drive those customers away who are looking for something more than just a drink.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

My husband and I usually eat at John's once a week. I have been disappointed very rarely....this winter the parking lot was sheet of glass...it never appeared that anyone made much of an effort to clear it...we parked blocks away and walked in the snow to avoid the parking lot...believe me..the close proximity to a hospital crossed our minds several times !
We have always enjoyed the food and the prices are very reasonable......last night however, the service was hideous ! We were seated quickly, got our drinks quickly and the waiter said he "would give us a minute to decide what we wanted". He then disappeared for 15 minutes.....it wasn't as if they were busy. There was one other table with a several people already eating. Finally he wandered back took , our order and wandered off again. Dinner arrived..he wandered off again. We had to ask for the check twice. I gave him payment and he disappeared again. I waited so long to get change
that I was getting up to go find him when he came back. Usually we have either Jonathan or Matthew as our waiter(s) and they are very attentive and quick. This kind of service will turn people off !! If this had been our first experience I doubt that we would return.