“Best sushi ever!”

New China
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My fiancé and I drag everyone we can to this local eatery. We are slowly working our way through their menu and often will sit at their little counter to watch the chefs work. They offer the most wonderful and the most beautiful dishes anywhere for a very, very, reasonable price. I, myself am not a big fan of sushi but the chefs presented us with a free (yes, free) plate of what they called a sushi sandwich last night and I almost ate all of it before my fiancé, who is the real sushi lover could taste it. The chefs will often do this with different creations. They have sushi, sashimi, and other Asian dishes that are more traditional and I have never had a bad experience. It is a small restaurant and is usually packed on a Friday or Saturday night but your wait will not be too long. Just don't try it on a Monday when they are closed (that's usually when we have a taste for it - it never fails). Seriously you receive a large portion of very tasty food and the two of us will leave full, with leftovers for under $40. The plate my fiancé ate last night came with miso soup, a small house salad, hot tea, 4 pieces of avocado roll and 2 pieces each of salmon, eel, tuna, octopus, and halibut, with ginger and wasabi. This dinner would easily cost $40 in Chicago and not be nearly as wonderful as what was served here. Try it - you will not be disappointed!

3  Thank Laura Z

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Ordered chicken fried rice to share, and 9 sushi rolls; four people. We also received a complementary salad that was great. Spent $109 before tip. Nice people and good food.

1  Thank Berkeyd