“Not my first choice next time.”

Knights Inn - Wilmington
Knights Inn - Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wilmington
Brown
“Not my first choice next time.”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Bring your cleaning supplies. The staff seem helpful but had a time getting requests done. Took me three time to the desk after check in to get things lined out. The lobby wasn't attached to where the rooms were. We recleaned every surface that we could without washing the linens ourselves. We stayed two nights because we had race tickets for the weekend. They didn't make the beds or vacum and only left two towels when there were four people in the room. Breakfast was only a coupon to a neighboring diner and they only gave out one and we had two nights. I have stayed in worse but I do not need to repeat this experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
roseville
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We did not stay here.We did purchase a room. When entering the hall it smelled and looked neglected . Upon entering our room we decided we would check it out before bringing in our stuff. We discovered bugs (baby ones) not sure if they were roaches or what..They were all around the sealer strip on the fridge.At least 15 to 20. We looked at each other and headed for the door.When we told the person at the desk he said thats ok we will give another room . No thanks I want my money . He did give us a receipt showing it was taken off the card.

Room Tip: Check for bugs if your going to stay here. Out of 5 different motels we have stayed at this summer 2...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank willcat001

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Chaseburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Ok, we stayed 3 nights here! 1st night-- took us 1hr to check in. My roommate found an old gross, yellow, toenail in her bed. It actually poked her to get our attention. 2nd night -- I took a shower with dandy long legs. Yummy to see that while you shower. 3rd night -- the water had a weird smell to it??? We witnessed them telling other people that there stay was guarented since they had it pre-booked and when they came back that night to check in, they gave there rooms to someone else. Wow!! No trust in this place. One more thing, we booked our rooms in Feb. 2010 for the July nascar race and got rooms for $39 a night. When we got here to check in, they wanted to charge us another $150 per night or stay?? I had a copy of my pre-booked reservations and said sorry, no way i hell we are getting charged anymore per night. Over all, the place was not up to par and we will never stay in a Night's Inn again, no matter what city or state it is. We fought with the upper management and they gave us a whopping $50 back for our bad stay and rude treatment by there management at motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank supers24
Genoa, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The WORST place ever to have stayed in. Let me name the issues : 1 hour to check-in due to booking issues (made and paid for rooms 5 months prior - wanted more money due to a event in area) spiders in the bathroom, no FREE breakfast that we were told at booking,no coffee pot in room,water on our last night staying smelled of sewer (very bad) , and a very large,discolored toe-nail was found in one of the beds the first night of staying; GROSS!! If we would have known of any other hotels in area that were not booked for this event , we would have raced to the nearest one. People working were very rude ( woman ) and all staff were not in a "rush" to help people. They were to busy talking on their cell phones and going to the store portion of this hotel/gas station. I also witnessed a couple who wanted to check-in,had paid for the rooms,was told by this rude woman that she had other problems to deal with in store and that the couple would not lose their rooms regardless of what time they came back and guess what--- they lost their rooms (smoking) but were given non-smoking instead.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here one night while moving our daughter to college in Chicago. You enter the property by driving past a tractor trailer cemetery and through a large gas station off I-55. When we pulled up to the motel entrance, a sign on the door advised that we were to check in at the gas station. Weird...When I drove around the motel to get to the station entrance, the only cars in the motel parking lot were three vehicles in various stages of decay. Oh, and one of the windows in what should have been the motel lobby was boarded up. I expressed some concern to the gas station attendant about spending the night, and was told that other people were staying there that night, they were just out doing "something". And that there was a 48 hour cancellation clause so I would be required to pay for the room whether we stayed or not. She asked that I please go and look at the room as they have been renovating. No doubt due to whatever had caused the window to be boarded up. We decided to at least take a look at the room, and indeed some renovation had been done. A granite counter in the bathroom was coupled incongruously with a bathtub missing some pieces. But we decided to stay since our car was withing easy viewing of the room window. When I went back to the station to check in, they had problems with my reservation insisting I had booked through Expedia. I told them I had booked directly through the motel website, and finally had to produce my emailed confirmation before they could proceed. Then they had issues trying to process the credit card, so I'll be watching to make sure I don't get double or triple charged for our lovely stay. The room itself was large, and the bedding was okay. There are no frills in the room, and even the shampoo is in a single serving foil packet. The towels and washcloths were so thin you could literally see through them. When we went to bed there was only one additional car in the parking lot. Unfortunately three other cars arrived in the wee hours of the morning, with loud and boisterous guests coming presumably from the nearby racetrack. The only redeeming feature of this place is the 24 hour restaurant located on the other side of the gas station. It had great food and service at a reasonable price. Stop for the food, but not the stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Minooka
Best Western Joliet Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Morris

Been to Knights Inn - Wilmington? Share your experiences!