“Love those cupcakes--all of them”
Review of Gigi's Cupcakes

Gigi's Cupcakes
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Wilmette
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Whoever dreamed there would be a national chain of Gigi's cupcakes? Believe it. More than 100 locations in 23 states. But there is only one Gigi's in Illinois, at 3217 Lake Avenue in the Westlake Plaza in Wilmette. How can there be only one Gigi's in the entire Chicago area? Well, if you live in downtown Chicago, as we do, you have to make the most of your visit to the Wilmette location. It might sound crazy but we come up with a game plan that has proven to be successful. Freeze 'em. That's right. We usually purchase a dozen mini-cupcakes, then choose 10 or 12 cupcakes, including carrot cake, chocolate chip cookie dough, strawberry shortcake, angel food, triple chocolate torte, pumpkin spice latte, praline pecan pie, peanut butter cup, chocolate salted caramel and Scarlett's red velvet. When you get home, eat a couple, put a couple aside for the next day and freeze the rest. We've found that a few days in the freezer, then being defrosted, don't harm the product or take away the sweet taste. Gigi's cupcakes are fresh and flavorful and moist with a marvelous and ample topping of frosting. My only regrets? No German chocolate cupcakes. And no location on North Wells Street in the historic Old Town neighborhood.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

These cupcakes are piled high with frosting, beautifully decorated and taste as good as they look! Gigi's claims their cupcakes are baked daily and I have to say I have not been disappointed with the freshness. There is always a standard selection of flavors, and different specialty flavors are added each day of the week as well as seasonally. I've tried a few, but my favorite is the all chocolate Midnight Magic. Mini cupcakes and cheesecakes are also available in a variety of flavors, as well as gluten free and sugar free options. They are a bit pricey, but you can get a free cupcake when you sign up for their rewards program online, a free one on your birthday and earn more with purchases. The only thing that "frosts" me about this place is the unnecessary amount of packaging they use. Even if I am taking a treat "to go", I ask them to put it in a paper dish so it's not so wasteful. Parking in the lot can be limited at times, but Gigi's has a dedicated space right in front of their store for quick stops. Quite a treat.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

These are good little cakes with interesting flavors. They are pricey as most places selling cupcakes are!

Reviewed May 15, 2016

i love cupcakes. i was an early adopter of Sprinkles back when it started in Beverly Hills (just happened to live in LA). Since then, in addition to having Sprinkles come to Chicago, everybody and they mother has tried to open a cupcake shop. I have been to many and have been disappointed in most, saying simply "we should just go to Sprinkles".... my daugter had a birthday party here today and my wife came home with 6 cupcakes - for the first time in awhile, I am majorly impressed - creative flavor combinations, awesome frosting, perfectly moist cakes - I am ecstatic to have this on the North Shore - the only place I've found where I'll forgo going to Sprinkles and accept the calories as "worth it."

Reviewed April 14, 2016

They are a chain ...so I was a sceptic and I was proved wrong. Excellent staff that really knows the product. Great amount of choices..great packaging and VERY delicious cupcakes. I will be back!

Been to Gigi's Cupcakes? Share your experiences!