“Great Japanese restaurant”

Ranked #14 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2015

We've been going to 153 Akira since it opened. It has great food and a really nice presentation. The owners and employees are really friendly and always happy to see you. It's the only Japanese place we go to.

Reviewed November 21, 2014 via mobile

I love the food and the owners are some of the sweetest people I know. We have eaten in and used carry out so many times I lost count! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed October 4, 2014

We looked for a new Asian restaurant that delivered, and Akira came through. The selection of foods was enormous, encouraging return visits. There is a wide selection of sashimi, maki, and sushi as well as cooked items. Some, like Golden Scallop, were unique among similar restaurants. The portions were also more than adequate. We will definitely use them again!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The restaurant is very small and romantic. The owner is very nice and accommodates large parties. The sushi is so good. I have been there many times and I have never had any complaints. The prices are just right and they have a 7 dollar appreciation lunch which is very large. It is one of the better sushi restaurants in the area that I have found. I would give it a try!

3  Thank Dnb1234
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband & I live in the area and try to go to this restaurant whenever we are in the mood for Japanese food. Everything is always fresh and never disappoints. The service is great and the owner even remembers our name.

2  Thank Ellen W