“The architecture is spectacular!”

Baha'i House of Worship
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Wilmette
More attraction details
Owner description: A special mix of quartz and white cement was developed for the intricate ornamentation on the nine-sided, domed structure.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The only reason I did not give the temple a higher rating is that I felt that the landscaping could have been better and I felt that the place didn't make me feel included in any way with the beliefs they are supporting. They do little to share much with visitors even though they have a captive ( almost) audience.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Even if you don't believe in God, you just might after standing the the middle of this fabulous structure and looking up at the heavens through the "lacy" dome. It is fun to read the inscriptions that run around the inside of the dome and the gardens are gorgeous in the summer.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I pass it a few times a month, and it is a thrill just to drive by it, but a tour is definitely worth the time and going out of your way. One of the top three attractions on the North Shore.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

After traveling to more than 30 countries, I'd say this is one of the 10 most beautiful buildings in the world, on a lovely setting. It's free to go in.
I am not Baha'i but I would strongly recommend coming here by yourself, with a partner/spouse, and or kids. It's stunningly beautiful. And you can learn a lot about the religion in 15-30 minutes. This place is 45-60 minutes north of downtown Chicago but it is really worth the drive.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This temple or house of worship is unbelievable. I could not fathom that anyone would build such a grand temple - especially during recession times. However, I would be careful as to me it seems like yet another sect looking for followers to raise money. But a great destination if you are looking to look at an amazing building

1  Thank dkrejser