All reviews steam shower executive suite get away my boyfriend rose petals pool suite swim spa romantic getaway nice size free bottle of champagne wet bar mood lighting continental breakfast the ritz essence suites manager ron multiple times
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

My husband and I love a nice walk-in shower, but I always worry about cleanliness in such an intimate setting. Our room was very clean, and our white bedding was nice and white. The oversized whirlpool in the Executive truly was roomy, with room for two chubby midwesterners to stretch out our 6 foot frames with room to spare. It was the roomiest whirlpool I've ever seen in a private room. Everything worked properly, and we had a pleasant experience.

Another couple seemed not to be having as good of a time, and I could hear them yelling at each other, so the soundproofing leaves a bit to be desired. Also, a note to the grounds people: the snowflakes hanging outside the reception entrance in May give the impression that things are going to be run down, and the window with the bullet holes in it give the "Should I run away?" impression. I'm glad I didn't see that window until I was leaving. It would have made me nervous all night. Also, the photos gave me the impression that there would be robes for use in the room, even if you didn't buy one to take home. This was not the case.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I book a room on March 11th, 2019 for BIRTHDAY and my room was 117. at 830pm Saturday, March 16 I ran The water for my jacuzzi and it was cold. the 3-11pm employee checks the water again at 1130 and it was still room temperature. This was the whole point in booking a room a the champagne lodge. I'd ask for a full refund. I have been waiting for a response or phone call from you or your company OR person name Ron This was unethical and bad customer service. You charge me for smoking in the room. I ask for a picture Sunday and nothing has been sent to me. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME GOING HERE. (( go to the ambiance suites, it cheaper and way better))
U.McWhorter

Room tip: ambiance suites is way better&cheaper.
Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank ulysses m
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We always stay here when we visit Chicago, we get the pool jacuzzi room and its so nice and clean and the fireplace and candles makes the room even more romantic! Great price for this kind of luxury and amenities! Staff as super nice, the only downfall that most do not know if you must buy yearly membership to stay here, so make sure you ask what the total amount is before booking the room. We normally go to Chicago area a few times a year so the membership works, but if you only plan to stay 1 time its costly!

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

This place is extremely unprofessional. There is a lady at the front desk named Bar who is extremely rude. I’ve called several times to speak to the general manager and she refuses to give me any information on when he would be available to speak. On top of that I asked who owns the establishment and she would not answer the questions. Mind you I maintain being completely professional and respectful. I sent my daughter here to check in my parents for there anniversary. She yelled at my 19 year old daughter and intimidated her. My mother forgot her card so my daughter had to make the payment and my child came home crying after how she was mistreated. Lord knows I try to be professional but they need to fire her because someone is gonna end up slapping her disrespectful self. On top of that the bed is about a foot from the whirlpool and the lady followed my parents to there room screaming they didn’t sign a paper that they clearly signed. To stand in the doorway yelling about my child saying she can’t stay there. Seriously like we don’t know that. I’m the one who booked this for my parents and I feel so bad that I did that. This was very sad.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Gigi D
Reviewed February 6, 2019

My boyfriend and I loved our stay here. Staff was friendly and most important our room was super clean! I work at a 5 star hotel in downtown Chicago on Michigan ave , so I know all about hotels and what to look for. I was nervous booking since I read a few bad reviews on here.After staying here those people must be crazy, because the neighborhood surrounding the lodge was a lovely suburb not rundown like one person said. It was tucked away and no you can't hear the express way at. There were clean towels, bed sheets, blankets and clean comfy pillows. When you go to your room it is like a mini apartment complex so it's nice and private. You cant expect to check into a hotel like this expecting the decor to be like , "The Ritz" .

Overall , I had a nice getaway with my boyfriend. We brought our own snacks, I of course brought my spa stuff & relaxed with a face mask in the jacuzzi, sipping champagne, watching a movie with my boyfriend, enjoying our time alone. I do advise to bring pool sandals since the floors can get slippery since you'll be in and out the Jacuzzi and sauna. I will diff come back a few times a year to getaway and relax .

Room tip: Ask for extra towels when you check in because you have to go outside to
Date of stay: February 2019