“Anniversary Celebration with whirlpool that didn't work.”

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed June 2, 2014

For the most part, this place was clean, but the rooms were small. The pictures on the website make it seem much bigger. The reason we got the executive suite was for the whirlpool size and we found out that didn't work on our 2nd night. We immediately brought this to management's attention, but we were not offered any compensation. I am very disappointed that we were not offered another room or a discount on our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kim L

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed on Saturday May 24th, Staff was friendly, but I was expecting a much nicer room. It was clean, but small. Our steam shower didn't work and the bed was hard. Overall I wouldn't stay here again unless they upgraded their beds, I didn't get much sleep and I wasn't a huge fan of not having any outside light. I did like the location, a bit off the well beaten path. I wish there would have been chairs or something outside our room, the weather was so nice I would have liked to sit and enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SouthernBell_13
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I just left the Champagne Lodge with my boyfriend. We celebrated his birthday with a long weekend in the swim and spa suite. It was amazing! The room had everything we needed to enjoy the weekend. When we arrived, the room was romantically lit with soft music playing. There was a complimentary bottle of wine (malbec) along with the birthday cake I ordered waiting for us. The music could be heard throughout the entire suite including the pool area and could be turned on and off in different areas at your liking. The temperature of the pool was warm and the steam/shower area was comfortable as well. The fireplace made the night even more romantic. The birthday cake was delicious and more than enough for two people. I packed some of my boyfriends favorite snacks so the refrigerator and microwave came in handy. The front desk had paper plates and plasticware available all we had to do was ask. There is also a wet bar with juices, sodas and alcohol in the room so you don't have to venture to the lobby if you don't want to. The room is sound proof for the most part. We minimally heard our neighbor's music but that was it. Also be forewarned, there are no windows in the room, so it threw me off a bit with regards to time, but I'm not complaining it was peaceful. The location of the Lodge is off the beaten path. It's a very unassuming residential area. It's very beautiful and quiet. We did not drive to the Lodge, but opted to have a car drop us off and pick us up. The front desk staff gave us the number to a taxi and we utilized the taxi service to get around. The taxi service was nice but I would recommend driving. The ride to Oakbrook costed about thirty dollars one way and we had issues with drivers not knowing how to get to and from the Lodge. Everyone that worked at the Lodge was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking to each person in the morning when I went to grab coffee and a bagel (part of the complimentary continental breakfast). The weekend was beautifully romantic and relaxing. If you are looking to reconnect or just get some time in with your significant other, this is the place to go! I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Swim and Spa suite and I don't think you can go wrong with these rooms. All ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TishandPat50
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent! We had the executive swim and spa suite and it was worth every penny! If your looking to get away from all the craziness and kids this is it! Will definitely be back, and the mall is just down the road! Rooms were very clean, bed was comfy, and bar was stocked, the two sided fire place and romantic lights were perfect! Staff was great too!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this place was a anniversary saver and it was only by chance of a last minute cancelation that we were able to stay here and we're truly great full. We had booked a 2 night stay at another location and had decided to check out after Waking up the next Morning due to sanitary reasons. We were now stuck in Orland Park no where to go so I Googled and found this place, i called and they told me they had one room open due to a last minute cancelation we asked if we could see the room first and they kindly obliged after we had explained our situation. The lady at the front desk gave us directions there to come see the room that they had available. We walked in and were blown away by the difference from the last place. The room was beyond our expectations. The first thing we noticed was the room smelled fresh and clean. We walked around it about a minute and decided this is where we were going to stay after my husband sat on the bed to make sure it wasn't hard like the other place was we walked to the front and said we would take it..... it was around 2 PM and they even let us check in since the room was already cleaned. Needless to say the rest of our stay was as amazing as expected. Definitely an anniversary to remember. All of the staff was friendly and we will most definitely be returning. Have to book ahead because rooms fill fast! Have a great business...... keep up the good work and thank you times 1000000000 :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved this out of the way oasis! We stayed in the Swim & Spa Suite. It was very nicely appointed and very spacious. The staff was helpful & friendly. Had a massage and it was nice but felt a bit rushed. The rooms have satellite radio with full-suite surround sound which we loved. You can easily use your own iPod or MP3 player with the system. The only problem was the signal was weak in our room so that would interrupt the xm radio occasionally. Also the cable & internet signal was weak. All channels were somewhat snowy on the TV. We brought our own roku to stream Netflix but the internet signal wasn't strong enough to stream without problems. This really didn't bother us that much and it did have a blu-ray player. The room has a very nice kitchenette with a fully stocked mini bar that was VERY reasonably priced. They also offered many wines & liquors by the bottle at prices similar to a regular store. The hotel is out of the way so you have to drive to everything. Considering this I would have loved to have a room service option instead of just the local food delivery services. We went out for our meals which was fine for us. If you are not from IL, be aware that there are many toll roads in this area so bring money for that if you plan to venture around or head to the city. Overall it was a wonderful stay & we hope to return in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

First off, the location is on a frontage road of a major highway. The room rates are high for what you get in return. They add a membership fee for some unknown reason. There are plenty of hotels downtown which are cheaper and have friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kilosix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
Aloft Bolingbrook
#3 of 3 in Westmont
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!