“Don't make online reservations”

Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed March 13, 2008

I made a reservation online for the CL Premium suite for my boyfriend's Birthday. When we checked in we went to our room to find that we were in the wrong suite. When we told the front desk to move us from the standard suite they put us in to the premium suite we had reserved. The worker told us there was no other rooms available.

When we spoke with the manager, who was also part owner, she was not helpful. She did not offer us any compensation for their mistake and informed me that the computer system will downgrade the suite you reserved online instead of saying its not available. Therefore, the confirmation that was emailed to me said premium suite, but the reservation at the hotel itself was in a standard suite.

Overall the experience was horrible,and the only solution the manager offered was to refund our money. She did not acknowledge her mistake or offer to make it up to us. She was very rude, and unprofessional (we had to wait 15 minutes to talk with her because she was out tanning). We took the refund which she did not even stay around to process, and was left to find another hotel for the night.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel. The standard suite was not what the website indicated it would be, and more importantly the management/owner was deceptive and not competent enough to handle the situation properly.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank KickedOut
ChampLodge, Co-Owner at Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2008

As the owner of The Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites, it is my intention and goal to ensure that every guest is satisfied with their stay at The CL. The issue with our reservation system was caused by overbooking and has been fixed, and I assure everyone that booking online is 100%accurate and is an easy method to quickly secure a reservation with us. Our hotel has just recently opened and I value our guests feedback in order to improve our operation and our guest's overall satisfaction.

Thanks,

- J

Reviewed March 5, 2008

This place was nice and very comfortable. The room was very clean and offered privacy. It's tucked away from the main street. Movie Theatre, restaurants are close by. I enjoyed it and I would definately go again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2008

This is truly THE best place to go for a relaxing time! We have five children and need to have some alone time for ourselves. We come here on special occasions and come back home refreshed and closer together. Every couple needs this place!

The staff is wonderful and will try to accommodate your every need.

As soon as you enter the rooms, you feel the stress falling off. We have enjoyed the massages and can highly recommend this place!
Come, relax and get rejuvenated! Even if you live in the area - it is a retreat close to home for us! Cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SherHart4
Reviewed December 24, 2007

I recently stayed here on a last minute business (stressful) trip. My travel coordinator for the comany selected this hotel. The second I walked in I was suprised. The staff is so friendly, (especially after a long flight). They helped me with my bags and ordered food to be delivered to my room...I didn't have to do a thing. Well, I walked in to my suite and instantly felt like I was on vacation. The beds were amazing, the hottub was relaxing, and the suite was way more then I expected. I promised the staff I will be back when I come in town again...I will be back...thanks for all the relaxation

Thanks again
Gianna

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank gia03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Aloft Bolingbrook
Aloft Bolingbrook
#3 of 9 in Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
WoodSpring Suites Chicago Darien
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge

Been to Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!