“Disappointing diner” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dell Rhea’s Chicken Basket

Dell Rhea’s Chicken Basket
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Willowbrook
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket is a historic roadhouse on the famous Route 66 specializing in fried chicken and American comfort food. Enjoy a vast array of dining pleasures including the Famous Fried Chicken in a Basket - a half fresh Grade-A chicken cut into four pieces, hand breaded, and deep fried! We have all your favorite sides including mashed potatoes, green beans, onion rings, and Mac & Cheese, just to name a few. Our birds are special! Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket fries in trans-fat and cholesterol free soy bean shortening. The birds are cage free, non-GMO, antibiotic and hormone-free. We only use USDA Grade-A birds that are fresh and never frozen. They're marinated for 24 hours and always cooked for your order. It's this kind of quality that sets Dell Rhea's apart from the rest! Every day you'll find special mouth-watering deals like Saturday's Roast Prime Rib Dinner. Friday's Lobster special, and 50% off a second meal on Tuesday! Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket has been in countless Route 66 documentaries and travel books on Route 66 and has visitors from around the world on a regular basis! Our goal has long been to serve our customers the freshest, most outstanding food. We also promise to provide you with the best service in the world. We would like to thank you for 60 plus years of loyalty, and we would like to ask for another 60 years of that same loyalty.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“Disappointing diner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Been there many great times. This time they fell off the chart. Chicken tasteless, vegetables way over cooked.

Seems to be a change in management or ownership lately.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hughes Springs, Texas
“Vegtables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

PRO: Food was great, service was great, staff was friendly.

CON: Little pricey for my taste, Chicken dinner cost me over $18.00. Didn't care for the batter on the fried chicken to much.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Lots of expectations - some met, some not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on the Triple D episode and a number of reviews, drove 30 minutes to get to this place. I ordered the wings for an appetizer and fried chicken dinner for the entree.

The website says to allow 30 minutes for fried chicken dinner orders. For some reason I got my fried chicken in about 10 minutes and it came out before even my appetizer! Thought that was weird but now had a bunch of food to finish together. Wasn't happy with it but what to do.

Pretty much went back and forth between eating the wings and the chicken just so I can eat them while they were still hot. The sides with the dinner were okay. The fried chicken was good and the wings were not bad either (side note: the best fried chicken so far has been at Gus's in Memphis, TN).

The only negative for my visit was getting all the food at once. The place is fairly dated but the service was superior. My waitress was very friendly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aurora, Ohio
“My Choice for a Taste of Route 66”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

When I drove to Chicago for a weekend, I had to stop someplace on my beloved Route 66. I decided to head to the Chicken Basket for lunch. And, oh my, it did not disappoint me.

Even though I was by myself this time, my waitress, Stephanie, took good care of me. We even talked a little about the Route.

The chicken continues to be awesome and worth the wait. It rivals the great chicken places near where I live. The food is plentiful, so you will not walk away hungry.

Great food with a touch of nostalgia... I recommend this place with my stomach and heart.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Totally Awesome.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

A little Restaurant stuck in the corner, I would of never thought that it would be so good. The first time I tried the Chicken Basket was thru Groupons.... But, because the food was so tasty, we decided to again dine at the Chicken Basket. And still, no complaints... I was a White Fence Farm Chicken eater, but, I must say,,,,, Sorry WFF, you have been taken over by the Chicken Basket... Seriously everyone, their food is to die for, the Chicken is something from out of this world, very tasty and moist... the service completely friendly, the nicest people I have come across in a long time.. The prices are average, but, the amount of food you get for that price,,, OMG.... I always take it home,,, So basically for 1/2 of a chicken which is 4 pieces, plus potatoes and gravy and green beans, and all you can eat salad bar and soup is only $16.99, good price to me,.... DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT,,,, TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.... I guarantee you will not be dissatisfied..... HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

• Visited May 2013