“Nice atmosphere and good food!”
Review of Kerry Piper

Kerry Piper
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Willowbrook
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff was great. We sat on the patio and enjoyed some cocktails and a nice dinner. The food was very good. Nice little pub!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped for lunch and enjoyed a great meal. The burger and Irish Dip were good and priced right. I want to go back for happy hour to enjoy the beer specials that are advertised.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Enjoyed this quaint, casual, Irish cottage pub on a Sunday afternoon. It was rather empty, probably due to it's out of the way location on the frontage road adjacent to I-55 (the old historic Route 66). We loved the atmosphere and sat by the fire on a winter afternoon. I imagine during football season, Sunday afternoons would be much more crowded. We were greeted upon arrival and our server was very friendly. The menu offers a great variety of American and Irish favorites at affordable prices, not just your usual pub food. I ordered the amazing Pot Roast Boxty, which was huge (I commented to the server that it was more like a boxcar! - and I happily ate leftovers for two days). The large chucks of roast beef were very tender and the sauce was perfect. The meat, along with the vegetables is all tucked into a large potato pancake. My husband, who loves to order club sandwiches, was very pleased with the Ballybunion Club that he ordered. It was a fresh twist on a club with Turkey, Bacon and avocado on wheat bread. He chose the tasty fresh cut fries as a side. The bar area also looked very relaxing with some big screen TV's and tables. I like the setup with the bar area in the middle with two additional dining areas on the sides, but still open air. The area we were in with the fireplace looked just like a quaint little Irish kitchen. We are from the area, but because of this place being tucked away, we were never here before. So glad that we found it with a Groupon. We will definitely return, possibly in summer to enjoy the patio. It would be great for travelers also, as there are several hotels nearby (H.I., Super 8 & LaQuinta).

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is great! Good food and great beer selection, especially on Tuesdays, 1/2 price apps and $2 beers!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Over the weekend I wanted to have an Irish dinner for my birthday. My boyfriend and I were to sit where ever. The guy gave us menus. He told us that our waiter would be right with us. 30 minutes pass by and our waiter never came to our table. A couple came in and he went to them right away. We decided to get up and leave. The guy that toldf us our waiter be with us, saw us and ran off into the kitchen. This was a great place not anymore. I will be sure to let others to go elsewhere.