“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Over the weekend I wanted to have an Irish dinner for my birthday. My boyfriend and I were to sit where ever. The guy gave us menus. He told us that our waiter would be right with us. 30 minutes pass by and our waiter never came to our table. A couple came in and he went to them right away. We decided to get up and leave. The guy that toldf us our waiter be with us, saw us and ran off into the kitchen. This was a great place not anymore. I will be sure to let others to go elsewhere.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Let me begin by saying we had very good meals at the Kerry Piper. I had a pot roast boxty. The portion was generous and the roast was fork tender. It arrived at the table hot. (The server let the steak knife slide all way into the gravy. I had to wipe it down before I could eat. Not appetizing.) My husband had the pork chop with mashed sweet potato. It was a lean chop and not at all over cooked. The kitchen is doing a good job.

However, the place is seriously confused. Is it a pub or a sports bar? Blaring 80's rock is not a good match. And out-dated video games? How does this add to the "Irish" flavor? About 10 years ago, this place must have been a real treat. The decor is charming and it is clear that a good deal of money was spent for murals and faux painting. A beautiful stone fireplace graces the back wall in what must have been the former "no smoking" area. However, there is no place to sit without a view of the bus station full of dirty dishes and the computer screen. The cloth covered booths were stained and old. (Like I wouldn't want my kids to sit on them DIRTY.) The bathrooms were clean enough but there were cobwebs on the light fixtures and missing tiles on the sink area.

We won't be back.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sitting on the leather couch-type benches to eat dinner, tucked away by the fireplace makes it feel like you're eating in an Irish pub. Brew choices are great, of course, and the crispy pub sticks and crispy harp strings are great starters! Try the pot roast or corned beef & swiss boxty - yum!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've been going to the KP for well over 10 years, probably since they opened. I was just there and it was obvious that there were significant changes. They eliminated the free WI-FI. It was a nice amenity, especially when I took clients there during the week. The menu has changed. It reminds me of the greek family restaurant menus. If I looked further, I might have seen a francheezie on the menu. Big, plastic and awkward. Some favorites eliminated. Their prices have increased. Get this, now the Irish bar serves appetizers in a stainless steel wire cone with wax paper. They also advertise "Modelo" specials. What the heck is that??? Maybe they should stay focused with guinness, harp, smithwicks and jameson. When was the last time Pepe's Tacos offered Irish beer specials? I didn't recognize any of the old staff. Everybody was new except a few of the regular drinkers at the bar. Whiskey is whiskey. In the past, I always enjoyed the servers. After a while, you get to know them and they know what you like. They were very pleasant. When I visited this last time, Ms. Grumpy was my server. I had to call out to her several times to get condiments and napkins. She never asked if anyone at the table wanted anything else to drink; never asked how we liked the food; never discussed any specials (maybe they didn't have any that day) and was generally unhappy. She did not want to be there. This used to be a great neighborhood place. Maybe somebody watched restaurant impossible and pretended they knew how to make the KP better? I can tell you they blew it. The chicken basket has a nice bar area and their food is classically good. You can tell by the old timers inhaling fried chicken and Route 66 enthusiasts. I think they are going to get more business. I'm going to give the KP another chance but they will be on my banned list if they keep the same dumb "upgrades". Come on KP, bring back what you're good at or you will lose us.

1  Thank Ima C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love this place. The quirky bands, the smell of old wood and beer. Out of the way and worth it! The food is quite good and I enjoy the eclectic folks one finds there!