“You get what you pay for”

Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We took a chance with this place as it was very close to the stadium where Chicago Fire plays. It was only $45 but the mattresses were lumpy and the carpets dingy. And its outside doors and they had a giant party in the parking lot from about 3 first floor rooms. It's cheap but that shows.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jabrjaws
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Inn. I'm sorry to hear that our accomodations did not meet your expectations. We are currently undergoing a renovation that is scheduled to be completed in May of this year. Our rooms will feature all new bedding, furniture, hardwood flooring, a brand new paint job, and new sinks and vanities. We will be sure to watch out for noise disturbances in the future and I hope you will come visit us again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

By the look of their in room brochures Red Roof Inns are undergoing a room by room upgrade to all their hotels and this hotel was no different by evidence of the work crew on the south side of this hotel. My room had already been upgraded. Very tastefully done I might add. Wood floor with strategically placed rugs, above counter sink, heavy duty and expensive looking furniture, new shower/bathtub but I was most impressed by their bed. Wow! The bed was of course new and much more comfortable than my own bed at home. And...and...the board of directors at Red Roof Inn must watch that reality show "Hotel Impossible" (or whatever that show is called) because the bedspread was not the commonly used, ugly, polyester type that you see in all low/medium chain hotels. No, this was a high quality bedspread. Very nicely done Red Roof Inn. I will be back.

Downside: No continental breakfast, elevator dirty and slow, slow heat.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor. The elevator was extremely slow.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind words regarding our Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoy the changes to our Inn and I will be sure to pass your comments along to our corporate office. In the upcoming months we will be completely renovated and I hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

PRO: My room was clean, the staff was curtious.
CON: There was no Bible in the room, the heating was very slow to heat the room, and there was not many channels on the TV. No History channel, no A&E, no hunting channels, you get the point....

Room Tip: All & all the room was OK nfor the price.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn of Willowbrook. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests regarding their stay and I hope we can serve you in the future.

We recently stopped keeping bibles in all our rooms, however we do have a number of copies available at the front desk if you would like one.

During the winter months we try to keep all of our rooms at a comfortable temperature. Should you come and stay with us again we would be happy to switch you to a different room should the room you are given does not meet a comfortable temperature.

I'm sorry to hear that we did not have some of the TV channels you normally watch. We try to carry an assortment of cable channels such as Discovery, ESPN, CNN, TNT, TBS, USA and HBO so our guests can enjoy a number of different choices. I will look into adding some of the channels you suggested.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

was given my key and the room was suppose to be non smoking. They had an ozone machine on the floor. It would have taken days to remove that smell of smoke in that room. I reported the issue and they changed my room with no problem.

2nd room had no smoke smell. I actually stayed at the motel a week later for a night and that room was smoke free, too. The rooms had new carpet, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. The room was clean except where the vacuum would not reach.

I hate that Red Roof charges a fee for the safe and if you do not use it you have to ask them during check out to remove the fees.

A trash truck was slamming the dumpster at 6:30am. My other morning I was woke up by an alarm blasting music at 6:15am. Shouldn't checking the alarms be part of housekeeping's job?

Overall the staff was friendly and gave me good advice on a few local questions that I had.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Inn. My apologies for our checking you into a room that currently had an air purifier in it. You'll be happy to know that we will soon be undergoing a complete renovation of our Inn and will be 100% Smoke Free once it is completed. I will pass the note along to my housekeeping staff to ensure that alarm clocks are turned off in any empty rooms. We hope to have you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at red roof inn in willowbrook IL over the summer. The receptionist Amanda Johnson was extremely helpful with providing information for the sites nearby, making sure we were happy with our room, and followed up with any questions we had. We were able to get coffee which was nice also. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rjc4
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our Inn from your stay this past summer. We love receiving feedback from our guests and it is always helpful so we can further improve our service we provide. I will pass your comments along to Amanda and the rest of my staff as they greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Picked this hotel after reading the reviews....afterwards I had to check and recheck to be sure I had stayed at the same hotel as everyone was raving about. I didn't have a fridge/microwave/freezer, internet was slow at best, roomed REEKED of cigarette and had a stale musty odor. The "fan", "high fan", "air", "cold air" all blew the same thing out...stale air. It was so hot in there it was extremely uncomfortable.I mean it was ok, but I was very, very disappointed. Yes, the staff was very nice, but that's about all the good I can say about this place. The stench is what really got to me. And I'm not a real fan of the doors opening to the outside, just an issue I personally have.

Room Tip: I didn't have too much of an issue with noise (other than the people next door fighting, but tha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our Inn. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and we welcome all critique and comments regarding our performance and quality. We are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless internet and we hope to have improved speed and performance once this is completed. Our entire staff puts a great focus on room cleanliness and pleasant smell of the room and I will speak with my staff to ensure that every room they clean smells clean and fresh.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was great! We would stay here again! The room was clean, freezer, fridge and microwave, internet and big flat screen tv! Amanda was fantastic! she was professional, helpful and understanding. We had been staying at the Super 8,near by. It was horrible! The staff at the Super 8 was rude and just did not care. The room was unclean, bugs and unsafe. So, when we walked into the Red Roof Inn and met Amanda, it was a dream!! Please, give Amanda a raise!!!! She is a great representive of true GREAT customer service!!!!! Thank you for all your help Amanada!!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is SAFE! We hung out in our room with the door open!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
FloatingGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional guest service and a clean and comfortable room. I will certainly pass along your kind comments for Amanda and the rest of our staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
WoodSpring Suites Chicago Darien
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago - Willowbrook? Share your experiences!