“Repeat customer”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Minneapolis
“Repeat customer”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here one weekend a year for the past few years and have always been satisfied. Haven't had any problems and the service seems the same as other Holiday Inns. One disappointment this year is that they are no longer affiliated with Holiday Inn and so you don't get Priority Club credit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank girafer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was so tired after a wedding, found a holiday inn! yes! I thought!!!!!
Needs to be renovating!
went to take a shower and the cold water was stripped!!!!! couldn't get it on for anything!
This was so aggravating as it sure would be nice after such a busy day before!
The ''security'' doors were all out of sorts, made me feel real safe - not!
I tried to call this certain person over and over with them giving me the run around! I left my name and # and she hasn't returned my call!
The curtain in the room was only the thin one - the heavy one was only about 2'' on each end. Privacy??!!
The wash cloth was dirty.
I took pic and a video of all of this.

Room Tip: go next door, for $30 more you can get a shower that works!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kathy201207

Travelers are raving about these Willowbrook hotels

Carate Urio, Italy
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Too old, quite bog rooms but very old fashioned, without any comfort or fancy added values, just not enough for the price they are asking for. Reception people are not very helpful, no smiles, no helps....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank daphne77hd
Pembine, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to check in on 6/26/13 and was informed that the hotel was no longer affiliated with Holiday Inn. The sign says Holiday Inn, the registration cards say Holiday Inn, The sign behind the desk says Holiday Inn.... "but if you look at our shuttle bus it just says Willowbrook Inn now". Today is now July 16th and I have yet to recieve a detailed bill for the charges applied to my credit card. The general manger assured me five days ago that she would email the requested detail and apologized for the emloyee who was no longer with them. Maybe they let the wrong person go?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary G
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights for Business. The staff was friendly and helpful, the place was very clean. If they want good reviews, they are going to have to update the place. It's really showing its age. When was the last time you stayed in a room with a 19" CRT television?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ray O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Ray O,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pleased that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Recently stayed here to attend a funeral in the Chicago area. Check in was efficient, staff was courteous, and the room was clean. Bathrooms were small, and had neither heat lamp nor exhaust fan; television was an old tube-type unit, probably 15 years old. I had a room facing 83 (the main road) so I had traffic noise all night; if you stay here, be sure to ask for a room facing AWAY from the road. Hotel is also following the trend of using relatively dim "energy efficient" lighting in the rooms. Oh, and if you wanted a small refrigerator in your room, that was an extra $10 a night.

Only ate at the restaurant once, for their breakfast buffet. Service was mediocre - one guy serving customers - and buffet was lukewarm.Denny's next door was MUCH better - and Denny's isn't considered a gourmet restaurant.

For $150 a night, one can do better.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room on the front of the hotel, facing 83.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HankBAustin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear HankBAustin,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,401 helpful votes
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we have stayed here in previous years, there was always a crowd in the lobby bar, at the front desk checking in, 2-4 employees manning the desk, someone on the guest computer, and so on. We didn't experience that at all on this recent visit. A lot of smaller conferences are held here, but maybe that is not the case anymore. The front desk staff have usually always been most welcoming, efficient, and personable. There was one person working the desk when we arrived and one when we checked out. They were efficient, but not a glimmer of "personable" or "welcoming." We called down to the front desk 3 times during our stay, asking some questions or making a request, and twice they were short with us. We called twice and there was no answer after letting it ring and ring...

Our room was a king and it has been "refreshed" as the website states. It is a nice sized room, with newer bedding, a comfortable chair and ottoman, a good sized desk. No phone on desk however, and this was a "business king" room. The phones are old, along with the TV's, which has limited channels. The lighting is average, though there are 4 lamps in the room, as well as an entry light. If they removed the old , yellow lampshades, and put new white shades on, the lighting would be great! Bathroom was nicely tiled and in very good shape. You can easily hear every sound from the hall or outdoors; I highly suggest you bring a fan, or use the fan mode in the room, on high, to frown out any noise that may bother you.

The lobby lounge is nice and they now have a 3rd floor bar for "special" guests. My DH was up there and stated it was "underused."

I have written a separate review on the hotel's restraurant.

Overall, if they put some effort into this hotel like they once did, and remodel it, I can see a new start for everyone. If they keep up (no pun intended) with their current modes of busines, they will continue to go downhill, which is something I would hate to see happen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tymetraveler222
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear tymetraveler222,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us. I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret we fell short of rendering great service during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge

Been to Willowbrook Inn? Share your experiences!