“Showing its age and wear” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Willowbrook Inn

Willowbrook Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Springfield, Illinois
“Showing its age and wear”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

While the desk personnel were perky and helpful, the lobby, room and hallways are really starting to show their age. Carpets were worn and dirty and the mechanical HVAC unit in the room was noisy. Building security keys are really showing their age: Got locked out of the entrance to the building and my room twice through the stay.

The hotel bar was good for a Holiday Inn, though not staffed enough during the night hours and service was slow. Breakfast at the Hotel Restaurant was good, and they were willing to cook items not on the limited buffet. However, the restaurant staff was a bit disorganized each morning and it took a lot of time to pay our tab.

Room Tip: Check-in was easy in the early afternoon (1500); Front desk was very busy 1600-1900.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is way overpriced, save your money and stay away. The place is run down and out dated. The halls were littered with trash (cigar buts, food wrappers and dirt) The bathroom was so small you could barely stand in it and still close the door. Breakfast buffet looked good but had cheap ingredients and poor selection. Holiday inn express's have better selection of food items.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Randall L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Randall L,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a competitive value. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Willowbrook hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

this is what Amtrak puts us in after massive mess ups. The hallway goes on forever and you wonder if you will ever get to your room. The ceilings are low and the carpet is dirty. There is no where good to eat near by. Don't come here whatever.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank wilwag
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear wilwag,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I apologize the experience you received was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the hallways, ceiling and carpet. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Hauppauge, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Recently stayed here, the fun started at check-in, after bringing all our stuff to our assigned room, finding it occupied. Returned to the front desk to be told, oh I thought that might happen, really?? No apology, just a new room number. Hallways are hot, carpets are stained and smelly. The rooms are average at best, needing to be updated, beds are mushy-soft, chairs are dirty. Housekeeping does their best with what they have to work with, we had clean towels, plenty of tissues, TP and coffee. Hotel room service is very limited, who stops lunch at 1:30?? The bar and restaurant were spotty on food quality and service. I would not return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leslie V
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was waiting to review this hotel because I wrote a letter to management with Holiday Inn and was waiting to see how they responded or helped me with this situation. I thought that would only be fair. Well, it's now 7 days later and I have yet to hear anything by phone or by email about my visit.

I wish I had seen the previous review for this hotel sooner, but they must have stayed around the same time we did, because we had a very similar experience.

I had an awful time confirming my reservation before our trip, and had a very difficult time scheduling the shuttle between the airport and hotel. I was transferred to 4 different people on one phone call-none of which were able to help. I was rudely put on hold and forgotten about 2 other times. When I finally did reach someone, it was a huge headache and NOT at all the kind of thing I need to worry about when traveling so far from home.

The weather was around 100 degrees outside, and when we arrived to our room, there was absolutely no air conditioning on. We turned it on and went out to try to find the pool. Well, we couldn't find it, so we stopped by the front desk at which point we were informed that the pool had been shut down all week and was out of service. This is a terrible season for the pool to be out of order especially with it being so hot. It didn't seem like there was any hurry for them to get it fixed either.

For the price that we paid for the room, no pool, poor room conditions, no air, no breakfast... it was not at all worth it. I would not stay again, and I am disappointed in Holiday Inn for not getting back in touch with me. I stayed 3 other nights this past week at various hotels through the South, and would not have made any of them Holiday Inn after this experience.

Very dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere different. You're sure to find a better deal elsewhere. Call ahead if you are goi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KJAH86
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear KJAH86,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Holiday, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for a family reunion during the hottest week in like 50 years. The lack of sufficient air conditioning during this time would be understandable but the pool, (even though advertised) was closed and not working and had been for over 2 months!, the staff was rude and the shuttle had no air as well (after the driver got lost and kept us in it for an extra 20 minutes). The rooms are so old the A/C units could not keep up, the hallways were well into the 90's in temperature. Overall, for the price, stay at the LaQuinta across the street, its half the price and much nicer!

Room Tip: No free breakfast, no pool, A/C's don't work.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 357Mchale
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Don' believe all the positive ratings! The rooms are old and run down. TV I know is not a big thing but really, 1998? Probably the last time the room was renovated. And we were on the " executive" floor! Remember VCR tapes? The TV has one built in. Bathroom is tiny. Seems not much larger than on a cruise ship. Carpet buckles an wall paper is pealing. Lamp shade must have been a war souvenier from Iraq.
On the positive side, staff is friendly, our room was fairly quite and wireless Internet was quicker than most hotels. This was in a convenient location for us. I think we will try a different hotel next time.

We do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank usedphoto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowbrook
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge

Been to Willowbrook Inn? Share your experiences!