“Would not stay again...”
Review of Willowbrook Inn

and 1 more site!
Willowbrook Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was waiting to review this hotel because I wrote a letter to management with Holiday Inn and was waiting to see how they responded or helped me with this situation. I thought that would only be fair. Well, it's now 7 days later and I have yet to hear anything by phone or by email about my visit.

I wish I had seen the previous review for this hotel sooner, but they must have stayed around the same time we did, because we had a very similar experience.

I had an awful time confirming my reservation before our trip, and had a very difficult time scheduling the shuttle between the airport and hotel. I was transferred to 4 different people on one phone call-none of which were able to help. I was rudely put on hold and forgotten about 2 other times. When I finally did reach someone, it was a huge headache and NOT at all the kind of thing I need to worry about when traveling so far from home.

The weather was around 100 degrees outside, and when we arrived to our room, there was absolutely no air conditioning on. We turned it on and went out to try to find the pool. Well, we couldn't find it, so we stopped by the front desk at which point we were informed that the pool had been shut down all week and was out of service. This is a terrible season for the pool to be out of order especially with it being so hot. It didn't seem like there was any hurry for them to get it fixed either.

For the price that we paid for the room, no pool, poor room conditions, no air, no breakfast... it was not at all worth it. I would not stay again, and I am disappointed in Holiday Inn for not getting back in touch with me. I stayed 3 other nights this past week at various hotels through the South, and would not have made any of them Holiday Inn after this experience.

Very dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere different. You're sure to find a better deal elsewhere. Call ahead if you are goi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KJAH86
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear KJAH86,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for a family reunion during the hottest week in like 50 years. The lack of sufficient air conditioning during this time would be understandable but the pool, (even though advertised) was closed and not working and had been for over 2 months!, the staff was rude and the shuttle had no air as well (after the driver got lost and kept us in it for an extra 20 minutes). The rooms are so old the A/C units could not keep up, the hallways were well into the 90's in temperature. Overall, for the price, stay at the LaQuinta across the street, its half the price and much nicer!

Room Tip: No free breakfast, no pool, A/C's don't work.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 357Mchale
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Don' believe all the positive ratings! The rooms are old and run down. TV I know is not a big thing but really, 1998? Probably the last time the room was renovated. And we were on the " executive" floor! Remember VCR tapes? The TV has one built in. Bathroom is tiny. Seems not much larger than on a cruise ship. Carpet buckles an wall paper is pealing. Lamp shade must have been a war souvenier from Iraq.
On the positive side, staff is friendly, our room was fairly quite and wireless Internet was quicker than most hotels. This was in a convenient location for us. I think we will try a different hotel next time.

We do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank usedphoto
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I really like staying at this hotel as the service is fantastic. The hotel continues to make improvements to the property and soon the product will match the service. Great location as well with lots to do in the area and right near I-55. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The farmer is priority club platinum and spends too many nights away from home. My night at this hotel had me thinking "anywhere but here". Worse yet, I booked 3 colleagues into the hotel and had to deal with the fallout of their bad experiences.

This place is in major need if a renovation. In my room: peeling wallpaper, crispy carpet, missing grout in the bath, non working bath fan plugged with dust, etc, etc, etc. The biggest insults were the black and white TV and the bathroom sink at knee height. Ok, to be fair the TV was color, but was at least 20 years old and did not get MSNBC or CNBC. I guess I could have ordered a dirty movie - but that's not how I roll.

The thing that angers the farmer is that someone affliated with the hotel wrote a bunch of glowing reviews about it and it's restaurant on TA in January of 2012 skewing their rating. The hotel ownership or management is in TA so please hear me clearly - fix up your beat up property! You have a good location and great staff. You are getting crazy high room rates by any standard.

IHG Management - the condition of this hotel is not delivering on the promise behind your brand. Take action! Improve this property or remove it from your collection. I (we) have choices and will look for alternatives if you let me (us) down.

Keeping it real for my fellow travelers - the farmer.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank WanderingIowaFarmer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear WanderingIowaFarmer,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Do not stay at this location unless you want to receive your invoice 30 days later only to find out that this hotel has douple charged you. My advise is not to stay here unless you want your pockets pick while sleeping in old wore out beds.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here and you want have to choose a room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Thomas Y,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 11, 2012

If I had not gotten the room at the Corp Lodging rate I would have been really disappointed....The room was ok....nothing to get excited about, very old TV (had a VCR built in). The bathroom needs some serious work....mold growing in the shower, very small - you could sit on the toilet, put your feet in the tub & wash your hands in the sink at the same time. Tack strip for the carpet had exposed nails so every time you walked in the bathroom you got your foot poked. Went to the lounge for drinks and dinner, the bartender was more interested in the local guys and the regulars than she was in a new guest. She got upset when we were asking about the menu. In fact told us we asked to many questions, we were only allowed to talk to each other, if we had anymore questions to write them down and handed us a pen & note pad.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Indy_Fan_Man
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willowbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Indy_Fan_Man,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Chicago Willowbrook Hinsdale. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,