“White Pie”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Creal Springs, Illinois
“White Pie”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

All I can say is eat the white pie. It is so awesome. You can buy pies there also. The plate lunches are great. But the pie there is to die for!!!!!!!!

Visited April 2012

Herrin, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

little place with nice workers and good food,been going there for over 35 years

Indian Head Park, IL
“Went for the White pie and also enjoyed the "homecooking"”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Road food and chain restaurants get old fast when we travel so when our fishing guide recommended Burton's and got us curious about white pie we had to try it. The menu is not fancy and the restaurant feels like a diner, but our food was hot and and well cooked. My husband had the catfish while I had chicken fingers. Both were nicely breaded (not too thick, not greasy even though they are fried) and arrived hot. The ingredients were fresh and cooked to order. The amount of fish and chicken were just right even though the sides were almost too generous. Service was prompt and friendly. You felt very welcome just like a local. When we asked what white pie was, I just had to order it because the description included vanilla, almonds and a whipped egg white filling. While we waited for the pie, I noticed that just about every table ordered it. The generous slices were as promised with a flavorful light filling topped with whip cream and chopped nuts. If not for a five hour drive from Chicago, I'd want to be there frequently.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Quiltingangler
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Good, simple country cooking.”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was very excited to try this resturaunt after I heard they were famous for their white pie. Our waitress was very nice and patient with our large group of 10. The food was brought out in a timely manner and was hot. I got the catfish dinner and was not too impressed with the reading on the catfish. It needed more seasoning. The green beans and mashed potatoes that came with it were good but nothing to brag about. The white pie ended up being a disappointment. It was alright but my mom's is better. It didn't seem very fresh. In the end we paid about $43 for 2 adults and a child for food that was just okay.

Newtonville, New York
“Local Speciality”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

When in the Southern Illinois area, you have to go to Burton's for their White Pie! It is both unique and delicious...so is the rest of the home-cooked menu!

• Visited July 2011