“Nothing special nothing bad either.”

The Westin Chicago North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Reviewed August 13, 2012

What can I say other than the hotel was completely unmemorable. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

We've stayed here a few times and have found the staff decent, the food OK, the room nice. Nothing really stands out. Perhaps thats why we keep coming back as there are not surprises or risks involved with this place? My wife's only complaint is that the bathrooms do not have tubs.

If you're unsure of your choices I don't believe you will regret the Westin. You just might not remember it. I do remember the reason for our stays. The Ravinia Festival is wonderful. You must go if you haven't heard a concert there.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any sports teams staying there. Avoid them if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel does,not meet the high standard Westin and Starwood holds to. This hotel has proven to be nothing more than a travel lodge with a Westin label. I paid for a premium to stay this Westin. 1) They play host to dog show, so all through the hotel it smells like dog and sounds like dog- never during the reservation process did they state any about it 2) they tried to tell me the the room I was given was junior suite, which is was not as another member of our party was also in junior suite, our was nothing like it- when you paid for something you should recieve it 3) at 6AM on Saturday morning a uniformed Westin hotel knocks on door, after waking from a finally fall alseep after dog barks being heard.

Simple put, I think I would have a better nights sleep on park bench-

Room Tip: Not to stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Landy312
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I went to the Westin in Wheeling for a conference and absolutely liked it. It was clean and service staff was very polite and used my name tag! Yes, and called me by my name. I thought that was lovely.

I also enjoyed the cleanness and the quality of the catering. The food actually tasted really good, the ice tea was outstanding and facilities also enjoyable. Plenty of free parking close to the hotel. Safe area, close to shops and town.

I found it a bit cold in the conference rooms and they seriously made it warmer - just for me.

I would recommend this hotel - even though I have not tried the rooms but I can imagine that they are up to Westin standards.

Thank you for this nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Monkey2013
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Been staying here yearly the past five years. I enjoy this hotel very much. Excellent banquet and convention facilities. Awesome lobby area with fireplace and comfortable seating. They have their signature Westin "scent" being piped into the lobby area. (Green tea & aloe, the same scent as the bars of soap, lotion and shampoo in the rooms. I LOVE IT!) The staff is friendly and accommodating. Comfy beds. Nice bathroom. Feel very at home here. My only complaint, the property may need a bit of renovating. Its about 6 years old now and on my last visit, I noticed a lot of wear & tear in the hallways and rooms. Nothing substantial, I would still rate this one of my all time favorite hotels!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I travel to the north shore regularly and always try to stay at the Westin if there are rooms available. Most rooms are a perfect tranquil retreat. Rooms are a good size, furnished in neutral tones, the beds extremely comfortable with good qualitywhite linens and covers, the bathrooms are large and feature dual head showers. The lobby is elegant and stylish featuring several seating areas and a large modern fireplace. The workout facility while certainly not a spa is well appointed with multiple treadmills, a lap pool, weight machines, and similar. There are two on site restaurants - Italian, steak/sushi and more on the hotel driveway. I've never had bad service from the hotel staff. Only negative is on occasion I get a room that has less than perfect carpeting or other signs of wear and there are a couple if floors on which the corridor carpeting could be replaced (I believe that is in process because there appeared to be brand new carpeting of the fifth floor my last stay there).

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We asked for a corner room and were granted it. One window a a terrific view the other overlooked a roof. The bed was comfortable and the linen luxurious. It was great to have a bathtub as well as the shower. Some of the neighbouring rooms was a bit noisy at times. Nothing we couldn't cope with. As always it would be nice nice to have complimentary breakfast an WiFi included. Shouldn't complain because we got a good deal on an Internet website. Would really reccommend this hotel if it wasn't so far from Chicago. It was great that the courtesy bus would drop us off and pick us up from the nearest train station. It was an hours ride into downtown. Staff were efficient at check-in and upon leaving.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay T
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I chose this Westin as the place to schedule our block of rooms for our wedding. Michelle Hebert, who we dealt with for booking our block, was very on top of things, and was readily available to speak with when in the office. The lobby sets the tone with a very Chic, yet comfortable setting with a modern flair in its choice in furniture and decor. The rooms are very comfortable. I had a junior queen suite the night before the wedding, which featured 2 queen beds, a sitting area and a rather large bathroom which accomidated my groomsmen very nicely as they got ready for the wedding. My wife and I had a deluxe Suite the night of our wedding which was rather spacious with a large living room and kitchen area. The pool area was bery nice and well kept. The jacuzzi was very well kept as well as very relaxing. The food on the property was also very good. I had a burger from room service which was done well above room service standards. The breakfast buffet was also very good, with many delicious options to choose from. If doing any business, or even for a leisure stay, the Westin in Wheeling should be at the top of your list!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeling
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Ramada Plaza Chicago North Shore
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Been to The Westin Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!