“Good seafood in a family atmosphere”

Bob Chinn's Crab House
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

As part of a group meeting for work about 14 attended a farewell dinner for a coworker. Although there was a pre-arranged menu probably to keep costs in check, there were plenty of choices for the carnivores as well as those who wanted fish.

The food was tasty, not overly fancy. If you are out to impress a client, maybe not the best choice because it is noisy busy and lots of families (read -lots if kids- but no one was screaming or crying or carrying on), but if you want a good meal at reasonable price, you will get a good value here.

I had Kona Crab and it was sweet and succulent. I will be back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with Bob Chins
From beginning to end from the stale smell when we walked in, the hostes that brushed us off, the plastic cups, rushed service & bland over cooked lobster asparagus stir fry ( lobster chop suey :-( our 90.00$ dinner was eh ok.... That 90$ was food only, I had water & my DH had iced tea. Best part of the meal was the appetizer. ( Peel n Eat shrimp & Blue Crab claws) Not worth the $$, we had appetizers, entree, & dessert in less than an hr & 15 min. I probably made a bad choice of entree, but felt rushed to make a choice by the friendly waiter who came back 3 times to ask if we were ready to order. Our entrees were brought before we finished our apps. The runner asked "is it too soon?" I said " kind of" but felt if I sent it back I'd might get a cold or reheated plate, so we accepted it. Oh, & dessert was good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My company is located in Waukegan and I frequant IL. numerous times a month for meetings. We always go to Bobby Chinn's for an amazing meal. Crab meat apps, snow crab and the pasta alfredo are just a few of my faves off the HUGE menu. Dont go here for a romantic date night. This place is for HUNGRY people only! Love me some Bobby Chinns!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Such good food fast friendly service and oghhhh the mai tai! I had filet and lobster...it was amazing...a mai tai...amazing. brought my kids (1 and 3 yrs ) and they were very accommodating. Usually foodie places aren't good kid digs but this is!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

While Bob Chinn's is far from downtown Chicago, you will not regret the food and experience. This is our favorite place to eat when we visit Chicago. The food is really, really fresh. The service is fast and the Key Lime pie is the best! The owner is frequently there and visits each table.