“Good Seafood, Great Service”

Bob Chinn's Crab House
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The meal was excellent, the rolls were amazing! Salad bar was everything you can expect. And we even got a free desert sample of the purple Japanese sweet potato pie, that was out of this world!

There are newer reviews for Bob Chinn's Crab House

Reviewed June 7, 2013

It was a recommendation. We tried and liked it. Had the grouper n it was very good. The environment seemed uncozy. A little dark, cold and off. The waitress was wonderful. I loved the passion fruit drink. But watch out, they sneak up on u. Also splurged on cream puffs for dessert. Yum!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Found this via reviews. Looking for a decent place that serves seafood and this popped up. It was busy - the place was rammed. Normally a good sign! Strange arrows on the floor...hints at directing large amounts of people. I could see why when we got in there. It was busy! Our server was attentive and Introduced the menu. Lots of beer options including bottles and draft. The menu was extensive. In fact a little overwhelming trying to decide what to get! The free garlic bread is a nice touch and tasty. I was a little disappointed with my fish platter starter. It was 10 bucks forc5 cubes of chargrilled fish. But tasty. My main was a fish fillet stuffed with crabmeat, holland arise and sweet potato tries. All quite nice. Good atmosphere and folk having a great time. Came in atbjustbover $60 a head. We had starters, mains and 3 beers each. Not cheap but not expensive either. Would return.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Where else is there so much fresh seafood served that they need to print a new menu daily? It'sso exciting to peruse the menu to see what's fresh and in season! And then to have your selection served in a very accommodating manner with wonderful garlic oil infused fresh rolls.It's. Not cheap, but I don't know of another seafood restaurant in the area that serves such a variety. And it's always fresh and delicious. It's always our choice for fresh seafood!!!!!!'

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was skeptical when we stepped in and it was like an ultra casual tiki themed Pan Asian seafood restaurant. I was even more skeptical when we had to wait in two sets of lines like cattle. But the wait was very short, our waitress was great and we were given butter drenched fresh garlic rolls and drinks right away. The menu was EXTENSIVE with everything from aged steaks, chicken, pasta and numerous seafood dishes, many with an Asian sauce or cooking method. We had an appetizer of tempura fish chunks and two types of dipping sauces for 9.99 and it was huge and delicious. The fish was very fresh. You can just tell. No "fishy" taste whatsoever. I had the lobster meat with garlic pasta which was fresh and delicious as well. I was unable to finish it. My husband got Day Boat scallops which were pan seared in a white wine sauce and they were awesome. I'll probably get them next time. Overall, this is a casual family-friendly place with fresh and awesome seafood. A Chicagoland institution. We're going back.

1  Thank StephArden